• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

H.O.L Test case appeal. Judgement Declared. ***See Announcements***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5015 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to the old Democratic nation of the world. Our routes are tied into many countries depending on how far back you go. Even the basics get these people over.

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (edited for bookworm god bless her sole) Deep Peace be with you.

“I would say to the House as I said to those who have joined this government: I have

nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the

most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of

suffering.

You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs —

Victory in spite of all terror — Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for

without victory there is no survival.”

(Winston Churchill Addressing the House of commons.)

All complaints go to the lootube. All conversations go in the white box then you click submit.

Well,

I'm in work for 630am so will check and refresh around 7am

Probably be a hint on Radio 4 business news (610am onwards) anyway

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Well,

I'm in work for 630am so will check and refresh around 7am

Probably be a hint on Radio 4 business news (610am onwards) anyway

I would check the OFT website because I am SURE that on their newsroom(for reference: Newsroom - The Office of Fair Trading ) rather than reading the news or listening to it since they are interpreting the news rather than necessarily giving you a full picture of events that are happening. Furthermore, on the sites it will take a little time to digest what the OFT actually say, since the first initial reaction is not always the best one(as most newspapers did show with the SC decision "banks won!"). I don't think anyone will be surprised however the OFT decide to go since all consumer groups have said that they have to carry on so they either will or their hand will be forced yet again with the civil litigation that will go on if they do nothing.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Me's hoping that they've done a deal, will make sure the Banks payout (by internal transfer to my Bank Account) on Tuesday afternoon. I've already booked my taxi to the Christmas shopping centres on Wednesday - is that wrong?

:rolleyes:

Me's hoping that they've done a deal, will make sure the Banks payout (by internal transfer to my Bank Account) on Tuesday afternoon. I've already booked my taxi to the Christmas shopping centres on Wednesday - is that wrong?

Will you be shopping here?

http://www.cloudcuckooland.biz/ccl5.jpg

Yes it is wrong, Car. As you clearly know the bus will be cheaper and allow you more money and allow you to get me a prezzie :D.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Flippin' 'eck, we all need a belly laff now and again :lol:

I'm waiting for the Announcement to this effect, though. Everything is crossed, including all my cheques...

There will be no cheques to cross after 2018. By that time the OFT will be.....................

Well personally if I received that letter I would not take it lying down.

These bodies OFT and FSA are there for reasons to protect the consumer and instill some element of fair play and balance.

Also I think its a bit premature to pull these complaints straightway and I would be writing back to express my views and I would suggest they should be waiting for OFT communications plus 28 days before pulling the plug.

The FSA are privately funded institution. mostly by their members, who are the banks and insurance companies, funny that but I believe ultimately accountable to the goverment?

You could always complain about the FSAs handling of your case, saying you feel very let down.

I think we all feel badly let down by the OFT and FSA in these matters.

ST

It is wrong, but do we expect anything better from the FOS?

RBS/Triton - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Moorcroft - Gone way No CCA

RBS/AIC - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Intrum - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Regal - Gone Away

Cahoot/Link - CCA in Dispute

Capital One - Settled

Lloyds Bank - Awaiting Outcome from Supreme Court Hearing.

Lloyds Credit Credit - Repayment Plan

I had my letter, on Saturday, from the HSBC scummers.

As they have now said that my complaint is not going forward does that mean that if i put in a new claim then i can only claim back Six years from the date of the second claim?

If so can i then sue the FSA/OFT for loss of 2 1/2 years of charges, that is of course if i am successfull?

I really get the feeling that this was a massive stitch up by the FSA/OFT and if they had just left things as they were then we all would be far better off......Rant Over....

Had a pretty lame and generic HSBC letter arrive this morning but nothing near the detail of this, clearly as solicitors were involved you and others who had made legal claims deserved a better response. As for the section 5 stuff they'll always try and present a picture designed to suppress the recipients response, we'd all expect that wouldn't we!

If the OFT do choose to cease action (which they probably will) then we still have numerous options to fully explore alternative technicalities. The new arguments are complex and when they are finally delivered I'm sure we'll all need to gain a good understanding of any new strategy adopted.

I think it may be good for us if the OFT step aside, it'll mean the banks are left wide open if we can construct another solid argument and they won't have the benefit of any regulatory waivers to hide behind. Let's face it, if we can pursue another angle, which I truly believe exists, then the banks can hardly expect any assistance with another waiver from the OFT a second time round. All good things and all that.

We all need to remember that the banks are running a huge propoganda exercise now designed at preserving their ill gotten reserves. Let them send their petty letters and patronising 'apologies for the outcome which I am sure is not what you would like to have read' statements.

I for one have already asked for the terms and conditions applicable to my Lloyds current account opened in 1994. Strangely they've not been able to supply them yet, awkward when they state that such charges were agreed by me/all of us when we opened our accounts. Merely hearsay until they can prove otherwise. Their time will come, of that I have no doubt.

Edited by emandcole

I for one have already asked for the terms and conditions applicable to my Lloyds current account opened in 1994. Strangely they've not been able to supply them yet, awkward when they state that such charges were agreed by me/all of us when we opened our accounts. Merely hearsay until they can prove otherwise. Their time will come, of that I have no doubt.

That's good news for me too then emandcole, as my account with LTSB also dates from 1994;)

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%