• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

H.O.L Test case appeal. Judgement Declared. ***See Announcements***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I already have my laptop in my online basket.

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (edited for bookworm god bless her sole) Deep Peace be with you.

“I would say to the House as I said to those who have joined this government: I have

nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the

most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of

suffering.

You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs —

Victory in spite of all terror — Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for

without victory there is no survival.”

(Winston Churchill Addressing the House of commons.)

All complaints go to the lootube. All conversations go in the white box then you click submit.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well Im not holding my breath.

Having said that I did notice HSBC has refunded £50 bank charges taken from my account last month without explanation????

Maybe they already know the writing is on the wall?

Then again, maybe the law lords will just go with the banks (depending how how much their buyout cost?

Mailman

The banks would have known the outcome a while ago. Give them time to prepare. The changes they have been making the past couple of months is a sign that they have not won.The comments that have been coming from the banks never mentions that they expect to win. HBOS is a state owned bank of which I and you are shareholders now. I expect them to refund me quickly or I will be attending the next shareholders meeting:)

The banks would have known the outcome a while ago.

They have had nearly 2 years to prepare.

Are you seriously suggesting they have not been planning for this?

If they really wanted there customers to stay with them they would have refunded the charges long before this got to the supreme court.

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (edited for bookworm god bless her sole) Deep Peace be with you.

“I would say to the House as I said to those who have joined this government: I have

nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the

suffering.

You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs —

Victory in spite of all terror — Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for

All complaints go to the lootube. All conversations go in the white box then you click submit.

They have had nearly 2 years to prepare.

Are you seriously suggesting they have not been planning for this?

If they really wanted there customers to stay with them they would have refunded the charges long before this got to the supreme court.

I am afraid the answer to this lies in the reason this board has thousands of members. For many products we all need now there are limited places we can go.ie Mobiles, gas , electric , banking ect. Therefore all these companies have got rid of the old adage 'The customer is King'. For all the people they upset and go somewhere else, they will replace them with the customers who have been upset by someone else.Therefore the volume of customers dosn't change. We just move somewhere else, who are just as bad. It is basically a legal cartel.This applies to many areas now not just banking.

Also I am not suggesting they havent been planning for it, thay will have plans in place for all senarios.

Also I am not suggesting they havent been planning for it, thay will have plans in place for all senarios.

Most scenarios .... There only human after all. (Thieving humans that is.):-)

suffering.

Here's the reply from the BBC on my request that Democracy Live cover the Charges decision live and in full. (I hope this means the BBC News website will cover the full works and not just the first 10 minutes.):

Thanks for your email. I understand the BBC news website will be carrying the bank charges announcement live tomorrow morning and will, no doubt, attract a sizeable audience.

More generally, it has been decided that the Supreme Court's proceedings will not be contained within Democracy Live. This is based on the fact that the court is now totally separate from government and the Houses of Parliament, whose proceedings are at the centre of the site's remit.

I'm grateful for your interest in Democracy Live.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Coyle

Launch Editor

BBC Democracy Live

Broadcast Centre, London (BC3 B1)

W12 6WA

W: www.bbc.co.uk/democracylive

Here's the reply from the BBC on my request that Democracy Live cover the Charges decision live and in full. (I hope this means the BBC News website will cover the full works and not just the first 10 minutes.):

Thanks for your email. I understand the BBC news website will be carrying the bank charges announcement live tomorrow morning and will, no doubt, attract a sizeable audience.

More generally, it has been decided that the Supreme Court's proceedings will not be contained within Democracy Live. This is based on the fact that the court is now totally separate from government and the Houses of Parliament, whose proceedings are at the centre of the site's remit.

I'm grateful for your interest in Democracy Live.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Coyle

Launch Editor

BBC Democracy Live

Broadcast Centre, London (BC3 B1)

W12 6WA

W: www.bbc.co.uk/democracylive

You should be impressed with that email.

That's a good post

suffering.

I stopped reading here (10. All of the banks who don't happen to have shares owned directly by the taxpayer should be directed to pay up too, because they wouldn't be here without the system itself, within which they fortunately survived, being bailed out. )

This is definitely a liberal site.

suffering.

'jclancy' - absolutely brilliant!

Just thought I'd mention a few points from the brilliant report...

Point 1. Kind of says something most of us have believed regarding the OFT - The letter 'F' might be a hint?

Point 9. I suspect that whilst taxpayers cash was 'invested' that the directors of the said banks still have full control. After all would we ask Bankers to run the country and Ministers to run the banks, oh hang on that's a bit of a grey area.

Point 15. Of course those sales starting with the words 'free banking' are in reality false and probably open to argument. I would mention that long ago on TV there's a director fa well known bank telling the finance committee that his bank did not intend to charge fees.

Point 16. I would disagree - OMG nationalised banking would be even more so on the road to financial ruin. Who would run it anyway - Let's not answer that one.

Seatbelt fastened!

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

Take it you do not have an account with Northern Rock InformedSearcher .

suffering.

Take it you do not have an account with Northern Rock InformedSearcher .

LOL - No.

In fact when I did have money I had friends from my account holding bank. When I no longer had money they no longer spoke to me, degraded my account and decided I was only fit for future discussions with their associates in India, Malaysia and The Phillipines.

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

I stopped reading here (10. All of the banks who don't happen to have shares owned directly by the taxpayer should be directed to pay up too, because they wouldn't be here without the system itself, within which they fortunately survived, being bailed out. )

This is definitely a liberal site.

Thanks for reading up to 10 anyway, Barry_2008; I suspect you would have had apoplexy and snuffed it had you read the rest! We're all on the same side really on this site, even though our political views elsewhere might diverge.

jclancy,

Excellent that just about sums it all up.

Well Done

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Was in town today doing a bit of xmas shopping, it was market day too so the pedestrian area was heaving with people.

Anyway walking past the Halifax something got the better of me lol and I popped my head in thought the door a shouted " I bet you are looking forward to tomorrow" and one gent started clapping followed by a dear old lady.

So with that I started walking away to carry on with my business and all the people at the fruit and veg stall opposite did the same lol.

I felt quite proud after that and it made me realize that this is a bigger issue than just what goes on here.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

At this point and after 3 years of guidance and very positive assistance I should like to thank all those who have 'suffered' me whilst I've attempted to help family and friends.

These include (but not exclusively) Booky, Banky, Martin3030, Gizmo, MF5, GaryH, Car & Slick with a very special place for Zootscoot.

Let's face it one & all it's doubtful whether ANY of us would have achieved much without them.

Come what may I'm sure they (and hopefully we) will go from strength to strength.

Thank you.

Edited by kennyh
correct an omission

The banks would have known the outcome a while ago. Give them time to prepare. The changes they have been making the past couple of months is a sign that they have not won.The comments that have been coming from the banks never mentions that they expect to win. HBOS is a state owned bank of which I and you are shareholders now. I expect them to refund me quickly or I will be attending the next shareholders meeting:)

To be pedantic - HBOS is owned by Lloyds. The Government has a 40% stake in Lloyds.

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

Good luck everyone.

Not sure if I will sleep tonight but I know that I definitely wont sleep tomorrow night if we lose .....

Edited by Stornoway
typo

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

So where is the best coverage likely to be on TV

PF