H.O.L Test case appeal. Judgement Declared. ***See Announcements***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is unlikely anything apart from whether bank charge terms can be assessed for fairness will be resolved on Wednesday of next week. The Substantive issues should cover that.

Id say its a certainty there will be nothing else covered by wednesday except fairness. But when its all over it had better be worth the wait and include the above without the need for further individual court action or as I said it will have been a complete waste of time.

will any stayed CC action get moving again or do I have to stay in this Club :(

I would expect that there will be more advise given to the County Courts if the banks' appeal fails. I fully expect, should the Banks' appeal fail, that all stays will remain for the time being. I would be surprised if there is any lifting of stays.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Id say its a certainty there will be nothing else covered by wednesday except fairness. But when its all over it had better be worth the wait and include the above without the need for further individual court action or as I said it will have been a complete waste of time.

I totally agree with you with regards to that.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

I hate this club :D I hope they know i am adding the interest :p I have been stayed for months now.

I know and that savings account is a good one ;)

Some of us have been in that club for years, not months, (I've been in it since day 1 of the stay period) so get in the queue, Gaz

{{Car nudges his way to the front of the queue, pushing past gazhodge1981 and others...}}

Quite an interesting article about recent legislation against penalty cahrges in the US. Obviously of no legal impact to us but still interesting....

FT.com / US / Economy & Fed - Fed bans unauthorised overdraft charges

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

I'd consider that the course would be if the banks fail to eventually agree and start paying out without the courts. The courts after all could no longer cope originally. They would be there for the 'mopping up' as the FSA stay cannot continue forever. Of course the OFT said (if I recall) that if the banks won they would continue. Either way it's not going to be anytime soon whatever the result.

In the end I guess that the FSA and banks have done themselves no favours. However their impression is that they are not really interested in the genral public (who pay them all indirectly) so that 'aloof' attitude will no doubt remain. The funny thing is that once we mentioned banks with much esteem and now we comment on them in a derisory manner.

It would seem that these days with government intervention you might have thought their manner on charges might have been to break ranks where they have the largest investments. The reality is that the government spends our money how they see fit and if it means propping up banks then so be it. Keep you eyes on that East coast line to see if in it's short term nationalised operation, it spends more than when it was privatised.

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

What the piggn' hell has Network Rail got to do with the Bank Charges? :D

I appreciate it was off topic- but if you read the quote #2830 (included in my post) and you would have seen it was in response to comments in posts #2830 and #2831

It helps if you read all the post not hust the bottom line!

Santander in mortgage push with overdraft fillip | Business

http://blogs.news.sky.com/kleinman/Post:746fff31-f8ad-4789-859f-8c5f4a8b1900

With only the basic info, looks good... But then so did Barclays and Halifax when they first were announced, but as soon as you looked in the details.... :-(

Santander in mortgage push with overdraft fillip | Business

Abbey Owner Throws Down The Banking Gauntlet | banks | abbey | supreme_court | Kleinman | Sky News Blogs

With only the basic info, looks good... But then so did Barclays and Halifax when they first were announced, but as soon as you looked in the details.... :-(

Dont want to start counting my chickens but!

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning". Winston Churchill.

To HSBCFIDDLED....... sorry if it came across as anything other than as an intended light-hearted attempt of tongue in cheek humour. I had read all the previous posts bud as you will also notice the number of posts I've made to this thread and others.

MAny a thread had been started and veered totally off topic that basically "threw" the readers away from the topic's subject matter. After all this thread is a very important one concerning the upcoming handing down in the SCoJ and the reprecussions.

So apologies again (if any were needed?) and lets post factually relevant guff eh? 8)

srfrench :eek:

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

Some of us have been in that club for years, not months, (I've been in it since day 1 of the stay period) so get in the queue, Gaz

{{Car nudges his way to the front of the queue, pushing past gazhodge1981 and others...}}

You can stay behind me! I should've contacted the courts 3 or 4 days before the stay to get their defense struck out (as they hadn't posted one and that was the deadline!) I was just busy them days and thought it would make me look more reasonable if I gave them a bit more time! All of a sudden, the case got stayed (even though they hadn't posted a defense!) and I've been here ever since :lol:

At least 8% APR on 2 grand for 2 years will be added once our justice systems gives us "justice"!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

there is lots of conjecture on here but think through the reprecussions the reason martin lewis and the media have not hammered this is because this still has a long way to go....

think of the impact on the banks and the taxpayer if they have to pay out lets say 100 billion and then lose the revenue from now on year on year....

the reason this has taken so long is because there are lots of various anomilies which answers are needed for before the decision....

believe it or not I am confident this will be in our favour, but I just want to try and quell the pre xmas spending of billions through refunded charges... I think the banks will end up making us offers and many will accept without challenging amount in court...go back and think individually about what these and other charges have done to your life.... increased borrowing , higher interest rates, more credit cards to survive etc etc ... these issues have led to the meteoric rise of credit reference agencies which have fuelled the fire and allowed many many companies to play with us in any way they choose..... when you accept your offer please think about what we are letting these people away with....

years of abuse..

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

sorry for my blatant misuse but can anyone quickly show me how to add jpeg agreement to threads... having a thick day...

again sorry for using this hot thread for my personal ignorance :-)

wonder when the leak will be of the judgement always a few days before,,,, obviously abbey had it already....

just to keep everyone on their toes...

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

Step 1, upload to http://photobucket.com/ after removing personal data (you need to register with photobucket 1st)

Step 2, copy the Forum Link from photobucket to your thread.

(It will look like this [lMG]http://photobucket.com/loadsofbumpf/etc/file.jpg[/lMG] )

Done!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

To HSBCFIDDLED....... sorry if it came across as anything other than as an intended light-hearted attempt of tongue in cheek humour. I had read all the previous posts bud as you will also notice the number of posts I've made to this thread and others.

MAny a thread had been started and veered totally off topic that basically "threw" the readers away from the topic's subject matter. After all this thread is a very important one concerning the upcoming handing down in the SCoJ and the reprecussions.

So apologies again (if any were needed?) and lets post factually relevant guff eh? 8)

No theres no problem- apologies not needed.

I realise it was off topic but - I just wanted to add my little bit off topic.

At least we might be making some progress to the date now.

believe it or not I am confident this will be in our favour, but I just want to try and quell the pre xmas spending of billions through refunded charges... I think the banks will end up making us offers and many will accept without challenging amount in court...go back and think individually about what these and other charges have done to your life.... increased borrowing , higher interest rates, more credit cards to survive etc etc ... these issues have led to the meteoric rise of credit reference agencies which have fuelled the fire and allowed many many companies to play with us in any way they choose..... when you accept your offer please think about what we are letting these people away with....

years of abuse..

They can stick their offers where the sun dont shine...No not England- LoL....I want the interest they charged me on their loan.

Quite an interesting article about recent legislation against penalty charges in the US. Obviously of no legal impact to us but still interesting....

Posted by Stornoway the other day.

Were we not using comparable practices used by Irish banks to supplement our court bundles some time ago?

If so would there be merit in drawing parallels with the US ruling

Banky, Zoot anyone?

Posted by Stornoway the other day.

Were we not using comparable practices used by Irish banks to supplement our court bundles some time ago?

If so would there be merit in drawing parallels with the US ruling

Banky, Zoot anyone?

Definitely, but it isn't binding on a UK Court. :-x