H.O.L Test case appeal. Judgement Declared. ***See Announcements***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if there is an e-pettition to lift the waver!!

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still think Facebook is a good medium for spreading the word - it can't hurt.

The group is here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=36100485920

The wording needs some work, I agree.

If anyone has a copyright free image for the group, please let me know.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Would any one like me to start a thread on Libdem voice?

It's only open to members of the party.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

I still think Facebook is a good medium for spreading the word - it can't hurt.

The group is here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=36100485920

The wording needs some work, I agree.

If anyone has a copyright free image for the group, please let me know.

Cant hurt..

Go for it.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

now there is a bit of irony.

Start with the nationwide
and

All move to the Co-Operative bank
I wonder how many people know that the Nationwide started its life as "The Co-operative Building Society" but was "removed/asked to leave" the Co-Operative movement as it did not use the Co-operative bank as its main bank.

off topic i know and useless info but ironic all the same.

Ill be nipping in to the co-op bank in the morning

• Haha 1

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

we have credit union in dorset i might switch to them.

There are moves afoot to allow CU's to handle outgoing DD's together with other functions normally the preserve of the banks

If that does happen it will probably lead to a mass exodus from the banks to the CU's & no bad thing too

• Haha 1

My god!

I seriously hope that is true.

Have you a link to back that up? That is REALLY interesting.

------------

------------

There are moves afoot to allow CU's to handle outgoing DD's together with other functions normally the preserve of the banks

If that does happen it will probably lead to a mass exodus from the banks to the CU's & no bad thing too

perhaps cag should start a credit union :eek:

;)

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

That is true. I agree. But after starting this site nearly 3 years ago, I have learned one thing at least: that is, that for the most part MP's do not care.

My MP for instance has considerable shares in LTSB. Many other MP's also have shares in one of the big 4 (very easy to find out as they are in the register of interests).

Now many will say that it should not cloud their judgement. It shouldn't - that much is correct. But we are talking about people who have been lining their pockets with our money for years - this pittance is nothing to them, and they will not harm their self interests as has been seen many a time on the news - and that's only when they are caught out.

I do feel that there are a few MP's that got into that game for the right reason - and some still feel that way. Some.

There are 274 bank charge related groups on Face book - with an average of 1100 members each. I admit that there will be a lot of cross-overs. But if there were not (and there is no way I can work that out without access to the facebook database), that would mean over 300,000 people who *may* be interested in changing bank accounts from the main offenders.

Of that we can reasonably expect maybe 2-10%. It's enough to send a message.

In the past, when I used to have have a bank account and I changed to another, I was asked why. They probably have a database of the reason why people change bank.

I disagree about the MP's yes many are shysters but there are some including senior ones who are interested in our plight. This is particularly true now as banks are no longer flavour of the month & there is so much uncertainty in many of their constituencies they need every vote

Also a face to face meeting is a lot more potent than a letter or an email

I disagree about the MP's yes many are shysters but there are some including senior ones who are interested in our plight. This is particularly true now as banks are no longer flavour of the month & there is so much uncertainty in many of their constituencies they need every vote

Also a face to face meeting is a lot more potent than a letter or an email

Perhaps we should write to each leader and promise our votes to the first party to put the banks in their place:cool:

;)

We've had face to face meetings too.

I wasn't this cynical until we started this site. I was hopeful too that MPs actually did their job for US. Maybe I'm wrong. I hope so, but we've been down this road many times.

These are the same people that allowed them to get into a position this powerful. Then they bail them out with our money. The banks cannot lose when backed like that. They all went to uni together and they all know which finger to press when in a handshake.

------------

------------

Politicians like to be in the no.

rdm you will have to capture the attention of the party members to influence them like that.

This is why I started a Libdem voice thread.

Ok there are only around 700 on there but the party pays attention to what is on the thread.

Dave I assume you mean my post & if so you'll be pleased to note it's already happening:D

http://www.leedscitycreditunion.co.uk/content.asp?section=150

there is also one starting up in north staffs later this year (nscu - Home)

;)

I am almost giddy with excitement.

Seriously, I am.

This is fantastic.

Does anyone know where a list of credit unions is?

------------

------------

Dave - Should we create a thread in each bank forum Ill do HSBC

;)

OK, we're getting really off-topic here. Perhaps we should start a new thread and let this one get back to where it should be.

I like the idea of a CAG credit union, but seriously, I (and most of us) barely have time to be here as it is at the moment let alone administer something like that.

------------

------------

I am almost giddy with excitement.

Seriously, I am.

This is fantastic.

Does anyone know where a list of credit unions is?

found mine by typing "mycity credit union" in the search engine

;)

OK, we're getting really off-topic here. Perhaps we should start a new thread and let this one get back to where it should be.

I like the idea of a CAG credit union, but seriously, I (and most of us) barely have time to be here as it is at the moment let alone administer something like that.

perhaps an agreement with an existing credit union could be reached with cag getting a donation for each account opened???

;)

Not a bad idea at all. I need to read more about this before I make comment.

------------

------------

...I like the idea of a CAG credit union, but seriously, I (and most of us) barely have time to be here as it is at the moment let alone administer something like that.
A professional organisation has a professional workforce.

If CAG set up a Credit Union...even by proxy

Methinks peeps would expect it to be administered by a fully accountable FULL TIME employed professional person/people...;)

...:)