• Tweets

• They did reply to my defence stating it would fail and enclosed copies of NOA, DN Term letter and account statements. All copies of T&C's that could be reconstructions and the IP address on there resolves to the town where MBNA offices are, not my location
    • Here are 7 of our top tips to help you connect with young people who have left school or otherwise disengaged.View the full article
    • My defence was standard no paperwork:   1.The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 2. Paragraph 1 is noted. The Defendant has had a contractual relationship with MBNA Limited in the past. The Defendant does not recognise the reference number provided by the claimant within its particulars and has sought verification from the claimant who is yet to comply with requests for further information. 3. Paragraph 2 is denied. The Defendant maintains that a default notice was never received. The Claimant is put to strict proof to that a default notice was issued by MBNA Limited and received by the Defendant. 4. Paragraph 3 is denied. The Defendant is unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served from either the Claimant or MBNA Limited. 5. On the 02/01/2023 the Defendant requested information pertaining to this claim by way of a CCA 1974 Section 78 request. The claimant is yet to respond to this request. On the 19/05/2023 a CPR 31.14 request was sent to Kearns who is yet to respond. To date, 02/06/2023, no documentation has been received. The claimant remains in default of my section 78 request. 6. It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of proof of assignment being sent/ agreement/ balance/ breach or termination requested by CPR 31.14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to: (a) show how the Defendant entered into an agreement; and (b) show and evidence the nature of breach and service of a default notice pursuant to Section 87(1) CCA1974 (c) show how the claimant has reached the amount claimed for; and (d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim; 7. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed. 8. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974. 9. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.
    • Monika the first four pages of the Private parking section have at least 12 of our members who have also been caught out on this scam site. That's around one quarter of all our current complaints. Usually we might expect two current complaints for the same park within 4 pages.  So you are in good company and have done well in appealing to McDonalds in an effort to resolve the matter without having  paid such a bunch of rogues. Most people blindly pay up. Met . Starbucks and McDonalds  are well aware of the situation and seem unwilling to make it easier for motorists to avoid getting caught. For instance, instead of photographing you, if they were honest and wanted you  to continue using their services again, they would have said "Excuse me but if you are going to go to Mc donalds from here, it will cost you £100." But no they kett quiet and are now pursuing you for probably a lot more than £100 now. They also know thst  they cannot charge anything over the amount stated on the car park signs. Their claims for £160 or £170 are unlawful yet so many pay that to avoid going to Court. When the truth is that Met are unlikely to take them to Court since they know they will lose. The PCNs are issued on airport land which is covered by Byelaws so only the driver can be pursued, not the keeper. But they keep writing to you as they do not know who was driving unless you gave it away when you appealed. Even if they know you were driving they should still lose in Court for several reasons. The reason we ask you to fill out our questionnaire is to help you if MET do decide to take you to Court in the end. Each member who visited the park may well have different experiences while there which can help when filling out a Witness statement [we will help you with that if it comes to it.] if you have thrown away the original PCN  and other paperwork you obviously haven't got a jerbil or a guinea pig as their paper makes great litter boxes for them.🙂 You can send an SAR to them to get all the information Met have on you to date. Though if you have been to several sites already, you may have done that by now. In the meantime, you will be being bombarded by illiterate debt collectors and sixth rate solicitors all threatening you with ever increasing amounts as well as being hung drawn and quartered. Their letters can all be safely ignored. On the odd chance that you may get a Letter of Claim from them just come back to us and we will get you to send a snotty letter back to them so that they know you are not happy, don't care a fig for their threats and will see them off in Court if they finally have the guts to carry on. If you do have the original PCN could you please post it up, carefully removing your name. address and car registration number but including dates and times. If not just click on the SAR to take you to the form to send to Met.
    • In order for us to help you we require the following information:- [if there are more than one defendant listed - tell us] 1 defendant   Which Court have you received the claim from ? County Court Business Centre, Northampton   Name of the Claimant ? LC Asset 2 S.A R.L   Date of issue – . 28/04/23   Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for –    (1) The Claimant ('C') claims the whole of the outstanding balance due and payable under an agreement referenced xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and opened effective from xx/xx/2017. The agreement is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 ('CCA'), was signed by the Defendant ('D') and from which credit was extended to D.   (2) D failed to comply with a Default Notice served pursuant to s87 (1) CCA and by xx/xx/2022 a default was recorded.   (3) As at xx/xx/2022 the Defendant owed MBNA LTD the sum of 12,xxx.xx. By an agreement in writing the benefit of the debt has been legally assigned to C effective xx/xx/2022 and made regular upon C serving a Notice of Assignment upon D shortly thereafter.   (4) And C claims- 1. 12,xxx.xx 2. Interest pursuant to Section 69 County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from xx/01/2023 to xx/04/2023 of 2xx.xx and thereafter at a daily rate of 2.52 to date of judgement or sooner payment. Date xx/xx/2023   What is the total value of the claim? 12k   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? Yes   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? N/A Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit Card   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Online   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? Yes, but amount differs slightly   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. DP issued claim   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Not that I recall...   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Not that I recall...   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? Yes   Why did you cease payments? Loss of employment main cause   What was the date of your last payment? Early 2021   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No   -----------------------------------
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

H.O.L Test case appeal. Judgement Declared. ***See Announcements***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You're entitled to your opinion, but despite the gloomy nature of the press, as a country we are currently almost as affluent as we've been at any point in our history... although it's precarious, and we are suffering compared to a few years ago...

I'm talking about the things that happen in countries were the s**t really hits the fan... like 1929, where people can't afford to feed themselves... like it is in zimbabwe, which shows you how quickly a prosperous nation can decline into abject poverty.

Bottom line is, what I think CAG has always stood for is making sure the consumer gets a fair deal... and we owe that to you... but we don't need to destroy the banks to do that. All we want is fair treatment. That means the banks should be allowed to make a reasonable profit, without forcing the poorest people in society into poverty.

I have to disagree there - I earn a very good wage yet over the past year I've been forced to sell my home and my car.

Day to day living costs have risen faster than at any time I can remember (and yes, I DO remember the 80's).

I agree that banks should make a REASONABLE profit, yet at a time when they are asking for handouts or our money and that of their shareholders they are STILL publishing pre-tax profits in the billions, a lesson needs to be taught.

It is the banks that are forcing the poorest of society into poverty (that and other things that are out of the scope of this site). A boycotting of the 8 main offending banks won't make any difference - the same money will be in circulation, just in different hands. It will send a message that we are still their customers and without us they can't exist.

Competition in any business sector can only be good - if 8 of them want to club together to create a virtual cartel, then the only option open to us if those that are paid to protect us from this profiteering don't do their job, is to vote with our feet.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Talk is cheap."

that depends on whats being said and who says it.

Freedom of speech is something we should cherish a lot of countries dont have it .

...and I don't believe we've ever truly had freedom of speech - and I think we are on a path to losing what freedom of speech we have left.

By "talk is cheep", I mean it's easy to talk about this and do nothing.

If my suggestion is not a good one, then ok, I'll concede, but only if a better plan is laid on the table.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

The idea is to stop them from adding charges to our accounts.

We should be pusshing this through. Even now.

To get the best of both worlds we need to use all of our tools.

Talk is only cheap when we arent pushing on all fronts.

I agree with you partially dave but if there is no legal side of this I aint joining in.

I am finally getting these t**s off my back.

If you wanna boycot something then the oil depot's is the job they were listining but because the support dropped the prices have shot up.

We wont get police support without playing it by the book at least some of the way.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

I do think a peacful protest will do the trick with media coverage.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

The petrol protest are a different matter, however the support dropped simply because it changed very little and it hurt ourselves in the process.

Time is now for change - even the police are not happy with the whole state of affairs - a dangerous position for any government to be in.

------------

------------

I agree whole heartley with that assesment Dave.

I strongly belive the OFT should be in some sort of control with this.

However I do think we need more power over this. Maybe we should be doing more stuff to get the waiver lifted .

After all it was groups like this that wanted the banks to go to court.

Constructive crtisism is always welcomed !!!!

Am I right in thinking our PM's Office have to acknowledge every letter and answer it?

If so can't we all send a letter about bank charges and make him have to answer them all.

Also we could design a car sticker and show our support.

Make it one we can just print out and stick in the car.

• Haha 1

Milktray..... Its a democratic society cus there members get to choose who run the branch. No one ever mentioned the word liberal.

We the customers need to challenge these people in court.

We can not do this because of the waiver. Complaing isnt going to get us any where.

30 of us is not going to do the trick we need to alter our aproach and complain to the master of rolls.

We started on the courts now we need to aproach the FSA they are getting away lightly from or side of things. (compared to the courts)

I do honestly think that any protest like writing to MPs is now a moot point - we've done it to death. We're playing their game on their court (no pun intended).

I think it's time for change - their way hasn't worked. There is no real reason why this should take anything like this amount of time to sort out.

Any reasonable person cannot expect a service from any profit making business for *free* - being subsidised by those that can least afford it.

For the people we pay to stop this from happening to allow it for so long (turning a blind eye perhaps) and then when forced to do something about it (as someone so aptly put earlier in this thread) allow banks to stall and abuse their position for an extra 2-5 years is a disgrace.

It's time to vote with our feet - we'd do it with any other industry. The fact that people fear the economic repercussions should surely show that this industry has become too powerful and needs to be kept in check.

People happily (pretended to) vote with their feed with the boycotting BP campaigns that were going around (and I'm sure they were laughed at as we all were by Two-Jags at the time), so why not boycott the offending parties now?

The banks probably know which way this is going to go - I don't and I don't pretend to know - and if it is in the right direction, they know what effect this appeal will be having and they do not care.

I say we pick a bank that is the best of a bad bunch and anyone using the bad 8 move their accounts from them to whichever it may be.

------------

------------

The worrying outcome from this case is the spinelessness of the OFT. Being a governmental regulatory body, they should be in control of this and calling the shots.

If the OFT loose, or at least don't win outright, think of all the larger corporations that will take advantage of this apparent weakness:

Insurance

Mortgage Lenders

Public Utility Corporations

Any private business that deals with financial services will start relaxing in the knowledge that the OFT have lost face and daren't challenge them.

I'm planning on being out of the country within the next 5 years.:oops:

We've already written to the master of the rolls, and indeed anyone and everyone we thought could (and would) make a difference.

Guess what?

It didn't (make a difference that is).

We, as consumers, need to send a message and send it to where it hurts.

------------

------------

darftblerk, you are exactly right.

Lose this case, and it gives free range to all financial bodies to fleece us - knowing that there is no recourse.

That's why we need to show that we can still have a choice - I know I've mentioned it before, but it's not that tricky to live without a bank account. I haven't got one, and it feels good. Very good.

I don't fear the postman any longer.

Although it's getting harder and harder to do this, it is possible. The banks need to be reminded who makes their obscene profits for them.

Can anyone see a problem with changing to the least evil of the banks and ditching the 8 that have appealed?

------------

------------

The banks are in bed with the CRA's and DCA's. Expand the site through more publicity. Initiate a forum on CRA's. Look to cause them as much aggravation as possible by going 'industrial'. They can be seriously hurt that way. They know it and don't like it IMHO. Why do Piers Morgan trolls keep turning in the DCA forums? Because they are being hurt financially and are fearful of DAG. At the moment it is just a relatively small pin being stuck in their rears. This site has the power to make it a large pitchfork. That is taking the gloves off in my view and perfectly moral in this unique situation. Expand DAG and give them the kicking they deserve!!! :evil::evil::evil:

As for Gordon Brown he makes me sick. He's a Labour PM and I haven't heard him say one bad word about bank charges! :confused::confused::confused: Unless I just missed it...

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

I wasnt talking about the master of rolls.

The FSA have the power to lift this stay even now

They wont because there is not enough pressure on them.

This will hurt the banks the most this is why they asked the rolls to put the stay on in the first place.

A Northern rock aproach wont work becase we are tied into a contract with most banks.

But it did! the case is in court thats what you wanted

its not over yet.

I agree the pressure should be on again now the terms of the waiver have been abused , you have the evidence

publish some cases in the press - I am sure you woild get permission frm some claimants.

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Publicity is a problem - it costs money. Money we don't have sadly.

We may have to start advertising soon in any case - hopefully this will bring the funds we need to make that sort of thing happen, but it won't happen fast.

I agree, we are a thorn in their side - but that's it at the moment.

It would be great to be a great big spear in their side and force them to behave in a decent way.

Publicity can be found by creating stunts just like boycotting the 8 banks that have appealed.

"Consumer Action Group urges boycott of 8 biggest banks" - says BBC! ;-)

------------

------------

A Northern rock aproach wont work becase we are tied into a contract with most banks.

Are you saying you cannot change bank account because of your contract with them?

I'm sorry (and this is said with all due respect), but that does sound like lazyness (I'm sure you are not lazy).

It's easy to change bank account. No contract holds you to that supplier of a service in the banking industry - it's not like a Sky or BT contract.

------------

------------

Well why dont we produce letters - emails to send to every news desk in the country.

Spread the word on other forums.

Sounds good to me - I'm just trying to gauge the level of support for such a move before that happens.

It would also be nice to have the backing of CAG on it, but that's not likely.

------------

------------

It does not cost much money to call the say for example mail and say " we have a hardship case that has had their case refused despite the terms of the waiver - they have given us permission to give you the details"

have you ever asked the FSA how many hardship cases the banks have identified and have had help since the waiver?

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Dave.

I am talking about HSBC.

I have taking a complaint up with them and they say I am tied into a contract.

Jansus I no I have not no.

Could be a start to an email thoguh.

Can someone email websmaster?

I am sure he is as sick of the banks as we are.

Would be nice to get his input on this.

Create a flyer for people to print off and distribute down their street or in a busy high street or shopping centre. Then send an email en masse to all CAG members to please print it off and distribute it. I wanted to do this months ago, but I wasn't given the authority to do it and I wouldn't do it otherwise. I could do a few thousand in no time on a Saturday afternoon.

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?