• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

H.O.L Test case appeal. Judgement Declared. ***See Announcements***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5022 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest The Grinch

I just posted on another thread, I am trying to find out if any senior CAG members are attending to report back on the progress.

I know other sites are doing this, are we?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was going to ask the same thing Grinch, I'm pretty sure that CAG members are trying to be part of the 6 members of public allowed!! What a farce, I mean I'm not that surprised, but I thought they would of had less obvious tactics than that! I am sending my e-mails right now, I'm also forwarding this link to everyone I can think of, whether they're in this or not! :-)

Sky News Update;

Future Of High Street Banking In Balance In High Court |Sky News|Business

It is expected that the case, already transferred to bigger premises at the International Dispute Resolution Centre in Fleet Street, will last until Easter, but most parties believe that given the huge importance of the outcome, it will go all the way to the House of Lords.

window.onload = function() { checkjs();}

does anyone think they they get away with it and we wont be able to claim anymore????

lets have a vote.............

YES 1 NO 0

HALIFAX: PRE 6 year claim 1991-2006 WON 21/3/07 £2616

CAPITAL 1 - WON 19/3/07 £800.22

CAPITAL 1 - WON 19/3/07 £325.75

AQUA - MCOL 2/3/07 £172.79

ABBEY - MCOL 2/3/07 £261.37

HALIFAX VISA - WON default removal 19/3/07

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

GMAC -MCOL 7/2/07 £189.85

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07

Lots of threads merged and duplicates removed, apologies to anyone who's been CAGbotted in the process! :-)

It was felt that it would be easier to keep to one thread so that people do not miss one another's comments or information.

Was quite an interesting day today with the banks sol critising the judge for his comments and asking whether stays would be lifted if there was an appeal, They dont sound that confident. there is some good reporting about.

Jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Looking at the odds 20-1 doesn't seem that 'our' man/woman stands much of a chance in that little room? but remember ZULU them Welsh guards put up one hell of a fight hey?

Hi everyone,it seems to have gone very quiet,have they all got locked in that silly little room? has nobody got any information?perhaps if i become a gold account customer people will speak to me :( and tell me what is going on?surely someone must know please help me....SELV...

Itell you what, the banks dont mess around. 20 barristers some who are paid upto 1000 pound an hour. It make you feel sorry for the one barrister appointed by the oft.

Really.?

I bet you 20 to 1 that even the 20, £1000 per hour barristers, cant bend, twist, or change, the "law" enough to make a £39 charge stick.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

I bet you 20 to 1 that even the 20, £1000 per hour barristers, cant bend, twist, or change, the "law" enough to make a £39 charge stick

Now Barclays owe me around £5K, so if I bet you £500 at 20 to 1, if the banks win, I lose £5000 to barclays, BUT get £10,000 from you.:D

If OFT win, I get my £5000 back, but owe you £500, so I 'm £4,500 better off than today!:)

Not a bad insurance rate 10%

I don't always believe what I say, I'm just playing Devils Advocate

Not bad at all

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Well since my last post all that has been on is a platinum account cat and a non avatar classic account post non of which have told me anything except how betting works;) I would be happier if that Dennis Taylor lookalike worm was to speak to me then I will know there is no more news .:)

• Haha 1

I can see that you are a bit frustrated selv with noone actually telling you what is going on in the OFT test case. Basically what is happening is that all the banks are at the moment putting down their arguments. Each bank has been given a little time slot in which to do this. I don't know which bank you are with so I cannot comment on what your bank has done at present, but should you wish to let me know this I am sure I can do a little digging as to what they have said. Also there has been plenty of press regarding the test case (have a look at the BBC news website and click on "business" and then "your money")

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Cheers 'jowalshy' thanks for the reply I will get onto the case as soon as I have done this post.My bank is Barclays and as you are a Platinum Account Customer you should have a decent shovel so get diggin me old matey and we'll speak soon.

Nice one jowalshy,just about to go on the site when i had e-mail about your post.Well had a quick look about all things mentioned by Spike ,its a bit gobbly guk to a hopefully normal guy like me but in my case one thing he said about writing cheques and then going over your limit i would have thought was right but why do the Banks still pay out Direct Debits thus making you go over your limit and then charging you?also if they are not in the wrong why re-imburse the ammount of people they have already done?:? :?

Direct Debits, standing orders, cheque payments etc are all payments authorised by yourself and therefore the bank probably view them as the same sort of thing. In other words, if you have a direct debit going out of your account when you know it is going to push you over the limit, then this in a way is the same as issuing a cheque which will take you over the limit. The banks probably take the view that you should therefore cancel DD's, SO's etc if they could push you over the limit the same way as don't write a cheque if you know you haven't the money in the account to cover it.

OMG I sound like I'm for the banks :eek: :eek: :eek:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

As for them refunding loads of charges so far. Back before the OFT test case thingy, banks did not want the claims to get to court stage and therefore settled prior to the actual court case. Obviously with sooooooo many people claiming now, something had to be done in order to get some clarification on the legality of the charges, hence the Test case.

just for information, the BBC was not covering todays proceedings which were the banks finishing up their arguments. OFT expected to start tomorrow.

Well since my last post all that has been on is a platinum account cat and a non avatar classic account post non of which have told me anything except how betting works;) I would be happier if that Dennis Taylor lookalike worm was to speak to me then I will know there is no more news .:)

Funny.

If you go to BBC News 24

Thats BBC News 24 from a platinum cat

Type in OFT Test Case, and you can get the latest news for yourself.

Oh, and you want to hope that Dennis Taylor worm dosent read this. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: