Has anyone got contact details for Virgin top dog please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Needless to say, I'm not looking to contact him to congratulate him on Virgin's customer services. I'm starting to reach the end of my tether with Virgin not keeping to their word. It's a very long story, and has been an ongoing problem for at least 6 months so, having tried to reason with probably most of their staff, I'm hoping their top dog, Neil berkett may listen. The long & short of it is that I signed up for a package deal, was told it that would be the price for as long as I stayed with Virgin. But surprise, surprise, they now say that wasn't the deal. Have promised twice to send the contract out as evidence (never materialised) and to top it off, have made several mistakes with the direct debit & are now charging me monthly for not paying by direct debit since I cancelled it to prevent any more errors.

If anyone has the contact details I need, please could you either post them or pm them to me? I'd really appreciate being able to wrap this up.

Hi,

Thanks tiglet, that'll be my next move, but I was hoping someone may have an email address. I seem to remember someone saying somewhere on here that they had it. Also, it would save a bit of time & hassle (most of my recorded delivery letters don't seem to make it to their destination!)

[email protected]

Linked In Profile

Previously Neil was Managing Director, Distribution at Lloyds TSB

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thank you soo much Spiceskull, I knew it was going to be something really simple like that, but so much more appreciate after I've just wasted another hour of my life on the phone trying to get this sorted.

You know how they measure how many years you spend awake, asleep, at work, eating etc? They should add a new category for being on hold/talking to someone who isn't listening on Virgin's customer services line

LOL - I know that email address works, as I invited him to be a contact in my own Linked In profile...he emailed me back:

Sorry Adam I do not like this site

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I don't know the site - what is it?
As I made no mention of CAG I assume he means he doesn't like Linked In.

It is a social networking site, but of the non-kiddy variety. I guess it is a massive networking/address book aimed at working and intelligent people. You don't play games or post pictures - you exchange work/education/experience details...and hopefully find jobs with like minded people...kind of thing...

Interesting...I was just looking for information on Virgin Media myself after a hellish few months with them. Have just emailed Mr Birkett the following:

I have been with virgin media as a customer for nearly 6 months now, and I am sick to death of the company as a whole. I have had problem after problem, and have failed to get anywhere so far.

I originally took out the "3 for £30" bundle that was offered late last year - broadband, tv and home phone. Firstly the direct debit wasn't set up as I had requested, leading to bills not being paid and my virgin tv being cut off. When I phoned up to sort this issue out, I was passed from pillar to post over the course of 4 hours and several phonecalls, before finally being told that the department I needed to speak to were closed and could I please call back tomorrow?

Day 2, same thing, took ages to finally get through to the "right" department, who sorted things out and informed me my tv service would be reconnected in the next 24 hours. What??? THe direct debit was then set up over the phone.

This morning I contacted virgin media to discuss the fact that, once again, I had no tv service. I wasted an hour being passed from person to person before being told their systems had gone down and I would have to call back later. I requested that rather go through the same process again later it would be helpful if they would call me back. I left a contact number, and was told someone would call me back asap.

Needless to say that was nearly 15 hours ago. Im still waiting.

Whilst waiting to speak to someone I have been looking at my bank statements, and have discovered that, rather than paying the £30 a month I expected to pay for my service (hence the term 3 for £30?????) I am infact paying two seperate direct debits to virgin media - one for £18, a second for £27.80. So that is £46 a month. Not £30. And no, the difference is not due to me making hundreds of phone calls on my landline at peak times - I work long hours and very very rarely use the land line at all. Maybe when someone from customer services can be bothered to ring me back I will be able to discuss this with them. I dont hold out much hope.

After the original issue, I wrote a formal complaint to virgin media, via your website. This was 6 weeks ago, and despite an automated response generated at the time informing me that someone would get back to me with a reply within 48 hours...I am in fact still waiting.

As you can imagine I am not very happy at all. Nothing is exactly encouraging me to stay with virgin media right now. Your customer service is appalling, your staff rude, and your prices shocking. Unless things change drastically I will be going back to Sky as soon as this contract ends (or sooner if at all possible). At least with them they told me how much the package would cost, and it did cost that amount each and every month, not over 50% more.

I look forward to your response.

LOL - good letter, and one he will look forward to reading on Monday morning...

Apparently he works sundays! Who'd have thought? He responded with:

I am so sorry; I will ask someone from my office to review and get in touch.

Half an hour later I received this:

Dear Ms **********

Neil Berkett, our CEO, has passed your email to me for investigation and resolution.

I am so sorry that you have had such an unhappy experience regarding your direct debit, the loss of your services and the service charges.

I would very much like to discuss these issues with you. However, you have not provided any account information in your email; please do respond to this email with your account number and/or phone number, and I will contact you . You would not be able to ring me direct today as our switchboard is not manned on a Sunday.

As soon as I have your phone number I will contact you; if it is more convenient for you to ring me, I will be available after 10.00 tomorrow morning.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Regards

Penny Patchett

I have of course responded with the necessary, and await a phone call tomorrow...

I spoke to a Penny when I e-mailed Neil Birkett regarding the NonDD penalty charges and the late payment charge.

If it's the same Penny, I found her nice and helpful and she resolved my issue right away

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

Resolved your issue instantly? well I have been with them 6 months, they have been overcharging me £16 a month for 6 months...so thats a nice lovely cheque for £96 in the post me for hopefully!

Reckon I can get a wireless kit out of them also?

Cool...a result expected by lunchtime then...

Sorry for delay - work getting in the way of life again! lol

Had a telephone call from Penny about an hour ago, and as promised she has "fixed" everything for me :D

Will shortly be credited for my overpayment from the last few months, plus my bill will be reduced to what it should have been all along. She has said that she will email me once all of this has been done so that I know she has done it.

She also apologised profusely for the state of their customer services and has said that they are looking in to it, or something along those lines.

The moral of this story: if you want something done properly, go straight to the top and complain :cool:

Dum dum dum...another one bites the dust...good result.