don't borrow from them

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5258 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I bought a TVand DVD player about 4 years ago on credit from powerhouse.

The credit company was First National I duly paid my £27 per month for most of the time but changed my bank account and they tried to take it from the first one and when it bounced the kindly charged me £20 per letter.:evil:

They now say i owe them £295 in charges

My question is should I pay them then claim them back or not pay them and explain that i feel they are excessive etc....:?

Hi Caroline, I'm not an expert, but from personal experience, it's always better to keep the money in your pocket than to try and reclaim it from someone.

From reading through the various threads on this forum, and from the various actions that I am taking as a result, I would personally send them the standard DPA letter. Once you have the list of charges that they have applied, you can then challenge them to deduct these from your account following the standard processes.

Best of luck....