JD Williams, Balliff Threats

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all i am new to the forums so i apoligse if i have posted this in the wrong section.

I have a problem with JD williams and a Debt collection agency acting on thier behalf.

I ordered a pair of curtains which was 60 pounds, 3 years ago when i moved into my propety, I was then taken seriously ill with mental health issues up untill which point i was paying the bill then i missed a couple of payments. the next thing i knew i had a letter stating i owed 120 pounds something.

I then had to be moved from my propety to another propety for safety reasons, i totally forgot about JD williams at this point.

3 days ago i received a letter from a collection agency (Capquest) saying that if i did not pay them the amount which now stands at 248 pounds they would send someone to take things from my home this as scared me and made me very ill because i am a single person on benifits with a little girl and i really don't know what to do.

i am really grateful for anyone that can help.

Hi,

I would just like to say dont worry, they have absolutely no right legal or otherwise to come to your property and take any of your belongings, if they do you can report them for breach of the peace, they are just trying to frighten you into paying.

Somebody with more experience will be along later to give you some more help.

I agree with Kev. To gain entry to take goods they need a court order which unless you have received notification they have not got. Dont worry they are just bullies using scare tactics

Im guessing JD williams is a catalogue type thing so first thing to do would be send a request for a CCA

Use the template here, letter N

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Send recorded delivery and include a postal order for £1.00

Do not sign the letter (they may 'steal' your signature), and keep your reciepts for proof.

Now as far as bailiffs are concerned, dont panic. Capquest dont have this power, only a court of law has this power and I dont think many courts send bailiffs to chase curtian debts.

Oh dear, I sent them a request last week for my credit agreement and i signed it :confused:

I guess i made a big mistake there :(

No worries. If the signature you used appears on a photoshop credit agreement you will know why