private parking tickets

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5713 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks to lamma and pin1onu... I am going down the I wasn't driving path...for now. Do you guys think I need to treat each charge individually or do one letter to cover all? ...and should I even do the letters?....I think mine is a bit like the newspaper article about the woman who won in court against Excel...does anyone know exactly what she did? The 14 days for the first one is up on the 8th May ...

Barnsley boy and Geronimoman..I hope you don't think I'm a troll (I'm guessing this means someone pretending to be something they are not) I was a bit worried to repost but I kind of need all the support this site can offer....the only reason I said I thought my partner should pay up for the first one is because I warned him to be careful...and he annoyed me by telling me I was being stupid ...I did think he might get one and that would teach him a lesson but not four. We don't share our money - so I wouldn't be putting myself out to contest one for him in the circumstances (but probably would if it was my money!) - but I object to the way they have been really sneaky...

And he was in my car -he has his own but the baby seat is in mine- in fact I think it is time to invest in an extra seat (he has also put a dent in my car and he is using all my petrol at the moment grrrrrrr...)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlucky67,

Sorry to hear of your problems. The word troll is used to describe a Private Parking Company owner / employee who posts here, pretending to be a misgruntled punter like the rest of us. I can assure that I don't just throw such accusations about. In that particular case there was ample evidence, including a malicious posting by the same person on another forum.

Is the company "Parking Eye"? they are usually associated with Lidl. I've not heard of any court cases with this company. Many people have cheerfully ignored these demands and, contrary to the threats, the world has not fallen about their ears and their children have not been sold off into slavery.

I concur wholeheartedly with Pin1onu's advice. It is sound. The template letters are absolutely fine, however you may wish to consider the letter below. It rushes things along a bit but, given that you are going to receive correspondance x 4, maybe that is no bad thing.

To enable me to consider matters appropriately in connection with your claim, please advise me of the following:

1 What evidence do you hold that shows my car was parked in your car park without a valid permit? If you hold documentary evidence please provide me with copies of the same. As a private car park, any claim you have lies in contract and not in Statute. I could only be contractually liable if I personally parked a car in the car park. Mere evidence that a car registered to me was parked in your car park does not prove that it was the case that I parked it.

2 What are your charges for parking in your car park? If there are no charges then what are the contractual terms that you (your client) apply in relation to this car park.

3 Please provide me with a copy of the ticket you claim to have attached to the car.

4 Please advise me as to how I am alleged to have breached any purported contract. What are the alleged terms and conditions of the car park? Are these terms and conditions displayed prominently at the entrance to the car park? Is this evidenced?

In anticipation of receiving the documents requested above I would make the following comments:

1. As your claim lies in contract it represents a claim for damages for breach of that contract. Your penalty charge of £XXX bears no correlation to the damages you have allegedly incurred.

2. In light of the damages you have claimed, your claim represents a penalty charge and is consequently not recoverable in contract law.

3. It is my view that any contractual terms you rely upon to claim your penalty charge are unfair and consequently unenforceable pursuant to the Unfair Terms and Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 and the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

4. Notwithstanding 1 – 3 above, any conceivable claim you may have would be with the driver and not the Registered Keeper.

Before I can consider your claim further I must have satisfactory answers and substantiation in respect of the matters raised above. If full substantiation of your claim is not forthcoming, I regret that I will be unable to help you further in this matter.

Regards

Thanks Barnsley Boy ...I'm glad you don't think I'm a troll - I don't think I'd have the courage to carry on with this without support...

I am just going to send one letter (more or less cut and paste of yours!) for all four charges and see what happens ...

The company involved is TPS parking Solutions Ltd (not Parking eye) and I will send the letter tomorrow...unless anyone has any more advice...

Hi - I've read all the posts here and on other sites with interest...but I'm not sure where I stand -feeling a bit daunted.

My partner has just received 4 parking charge notices from a PPC on a Lidl carpark in Scotland. I should explain that he was driving my car so the notices have been sent to me as the registered keeper.

If he pays within 14 days the charge per ticket will be £45 otherwise it will be £70 with an addition charge of £40 for administration if payment isn't received within 28days (yep that's a minimum of £180 and a possible £440).

Until recently he had a small restaurant and used to shop at LIdl a couple of times a day. He was under the impression that they wouldn’t ticket him or would withdraw the tickets because he was such a good customer…not realizing it was a separate company handing out the tickets…He started parking there and taking our baby into the town and then shopping at Lidl for dinner (or maybe it was withdrawal!!) before coming home… I know it was ‘wrong’ but he has literally spent thousands with them….

They don’t give out tickets but use reg plate recognition of the car driving in and then out… so it was a week before we got the first one and knew he had a problem…and by then he had parked there 3 more times…(and they came much more quickly!)

He phoned them when he got the first one – he can’t remember exactly what was said or if the call was recorded –basically he told them he spent a fortune with Lidl. In reply he got sent copies of the CCTV image of the car driving in and out.

If it was one and it was instant (a ticket) I would feel like it served him right and he would pay but the way they have done this is like a deliberate way of trying to make as much money as possible…

So my questions are…I’m in Scotland –so is anyone sure yet if the law is the same? Do I treat each ticket individually or pool them all together? I get the impression that the parking comps are more likely to take people to court to stop people trying to get out of paying. Will they be more likely to try and take me to court because there is more money at stake? I can quite honestly tell them I wasn’t driving...

The manager of the Arbroath Lidl shop got the cameras swiched off after doubts about the tickets that were being issued.

CAMERAS ARE TURNED OFF IN LIDL CAR PARK - Arbroath Today

Ever since my dad got a ticket at that shop i have been reading up on these companies on the internet just incase i get caught out.

laguna - sorry I should have asked how your dad got on? Did he pay or contest?

I sent more or less Barnsley boy's letter by registered delivery earlier this week...I'll repost when/if I get a reply..

laguna - sorry I should have asked how your dad got on? Did he pay or contest?

I sent more or less Barnsley boy's letter by registered delivery earlier this week...I'll repost when/if I get a reply..

He paid at the time but only because he didnt know what he knows now. We assumed these were real parking fines so he paid up straight away but if any of us got one now then they would sing for the money.

Neither of us stay in Arbroath so didnt know it was limited stay in their car park and hadn't noticed the signs so he just got caught out. It's just a pity he paid up so quick before i had time to browse the Internet for information.

Is this newspaper acticle genuine?

'Susancole9390! Geral Spencer! Penelope Pitstop! Interesting! Perky! - can you hear me, Perky! Your boys took one hell of a beating! Your boys took one hell of a beating

Yes, suzan9390 has been outed as Perky over on pepipoo.

This "perky" person must be someone special as it appears that lots of people are accused of being him/her and anyone who knows him/her and posts on here or pepipoo are immediately banned.

More importantly even people who have other names and post are accused of being him and barred, I wonder on what basis they are barred ?

I am most certain that I am not perky, I dont think that anyone could accuse me of being a brummy or even English.

Does anyone know if perky does still post ? I would imagine not but he probably reads.

Is censorship in forums right ? People have differences of view but to silence a person with a different view (I feel) is wrong, free speech and dialogue Is surely what the Internet is about.

I also think its better to know your enemy, I have counted 9 people who have been accused of perky and 4 calling themselves perky, 1 is definatly perky but who knows who else is.

Just my comment as I have a view that Scottish parking is legal, so I presume I will be barred or even be a Scottish perky

I think 'perky' has become the generic name for a PPC troll such is the fame (or infamy) of the original. Is the original Perky the guy who was severely berated in the House of Commons ? ?

I am convinced perky comes here all the time, along with his associates. This susan character has just posted about some bogus upcoming case on Pepipoo on some ridiculous pretext involving a journalist and alleging pepipoo members had been involved. It is laughable that onyone would think that such a post would be taken seriously. The thread has been closed there. This is the second time this susan character posted on pepipoo. The first was to attack a member who has been attacked by perky, even to the extent of putting the person's photo on his website. IP addresses can easily identify the PPC trolls, as they don't appear to have the wit to avoid leaving tracks. Free speech is all very well but when you have been banned for threatening another member, which I gather is the case here, why should you be allowed back? And if all the PPC trolls have to offer is signing up in ridiculous names and saying "pay up" and other such comments which add nothing to the debate then they cannot surely expect anyone to take them seriously.

I saw that post on pepipoo, i have looked up oldham county court but as with the lower courts in Scotland the cases are not showing anywhere.

I have found a site called courtserve that claims to list county court cases but you need to be a member, surely someone on here is and they can check ?

I must say that you're taking a very keen interest in a fantasy case involving a PPC (wouldn't be involving Perky's outfit by any chance) for someone who claims to be from Scotland and have no axe to grind. It is almost as if you and others like "susan" are trying to get some information out. Seems that way to me anyway. I hope you can understand the suspicion with the level of PPC trolling that has gone on in the past few months. Most resaonable people will be able to spot an "agenda" a long way off.

perky possibly issued threats ?? even if that possibility is false at the moment it also logically may be true (as it is unrefuted).

So who is this Perky and what PPC (or PPCs/clampers etc) is he involved with ?

Edited by lamma

That's what I read in one of the threads anyway, I have no idea of whether it is true or not. I guess only perky and the mods know what went on when he was banned. From old threads it appears that the original "perky" is Mike Perkins of Combined Parking Solutions.

Geronimoman, I am not taking an overlykeen interest just asking.

I dont know what company the pepipoo post was about, it didnt say.

My post was about trolling/perkying which seems to be PPC companies or suspected of and they are all accused of being perky but the response from lamma would answer my question that they may not be accused of being the perky himself but a generic term.

I think all parties have a right to reply to any posting, regardless of their viewpoint and if PPC are honest about their sidings then I dont see the issue and would stop trolls or silly ids, or maybe my simplistic view is wrong.

Just my comment as I have a view that Scottish parking is legal, so I presume I will be barred or even be a Scottish perky

:eek: A Scottish Perky.

What do you mean parking is legal?

Edited by laguna
missed text

having just googled the keywords

perky pepipoo

I am not so sure..

However it does reveal that whoever perky is he spends a lot of time on boards arguing about the infallibility of his 'cases'. It strikes me that if they were infallible he would instead spend his time pursuing his actual 'infallible' cases and so making money instead of trolling.

that speaks volumes to me.

Is there a positive ID out there that anyone has found ? If this perky has threatened he bears watching...

• Haha 1

I meant to say private parking enforcement being legal, I posted a case for someone in Scotland on another post so I am not a ppc but I see how in Scotland with the case I have read could mean someone issued a ticket on private land could be liable to pay.

that's on another topic on this site so we can debate in that topic not here if you feel my personal interpretation of that is wrong.