Administration and Application Fees

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry, I have two threads up at the moment, but discovered something else I need to query whilst not confusing the issue.

Simply put, is it legal for estate agents to charge such things as administration fees and application fees?

My estate agent, Griffin Estate (Manchester) (who seem to want to rob their tenants out of every penny they can) have charged us £80 as an application fee and £55 as an administration fee.

If this is not legal what advice can anyone give to make an effort to get these monies back?

Thank you.

It really depends what is on their t & C for their application form. Ie; if they indicate there are fees payable and what happens in the instance whereas it doesnt proceed to contract.

For example, the holding fee that you pay, is deducted off the initial amount of moneys due when you move in.

If your tenancy application is refused for any reason, does it state to how much (if any) you will be due back?

If it is clear on their t & C for their application form and you have signed this and paid over your h/deposit. Then you have in effect agreed to their charges.

Regards

pebble - effective landlord solutions