Judgement Is In On Thursday

Ladidi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5837 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, the rumour mill is saying there might not be an appeal, but who knows?

Next week, we may be richer;)

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Guest Freethinker
Think you may need to have a good read of what the test case was actually about!

Nic, I think that you might find that i am fully conversant with the test case and the issues involved :D

Then you will be aware that is not even worth speculating on such things as CI as 1) The case was only to rule as to whether UTCCR legislation applied. 2) This being the case does not necessarily mean that any closure will necessarily be achieved after this stage of the case. 3) There will almost certainly be an appeal. 4) CI at this stage has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Everyone I talk to says the same thing about the banks, they want this over and done with.

I have friends who work there and they are scared stiff about the fact the cost still hasn't come out, they want to pay up and move on, Some profit is better than no profit.

I was just wondering when we were to hear more on this case.

If I recall correctly, the Judge was going to let the QCs know his ruling a couple of days before he went public, so the banks will know their fate tomorrow I reckon.

If you see For Sale signs going up on the branches, you can guess it's good news for the consumer :D

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

I wouldn't be surprised if those who Judge said was going to know, already know and are making out they have to wait like the rest of us until Thursday. If this is the case, I must say they are being very cool about the answers they have.

But then again I read somewhere, someone had phoned his bank and asked for an update, only to be told no news as of yet and they reissued their offer £1800 which was turned down last year and he said see you in court!!

When I fins it I will post a copy of what he said..

Ladidi

As I peviously stated...This was posted by someone on a different forum on Monday morning and then it was reported by lunch time that same day that decision will be announced on Thursday

Interesting Barclays

Hi all

How interesting, i have a case on stay with Barclays for just over 3k, they offered me £1800 last year and i told them no and filed in court, case got stayed as normal

anyway i have just phoned them to see if there was any news and the guy looked at my case and said they were still waiting on the outcome but as a gesture of good will he would make the same offer again of £1800

I just think it interesting that after all this time they were still willing to make an offer?

Ladidi

Don't want to be a wet blanket, but I thopugh that banks had undertaken to honour any offers made before the stay came into force? Did Barclays make the offer before 30th July last year?

:) Captial One - Won!

:) Egg Card - Won!

:confused: Abbey National - Stayed pending Test Case Judgement

just a question, if all goes well on thursday, would the judge be able to lift the one sided stay so that we can again start chasing after our money with the banks ,or is this all down to the fas or fos to make that ruling.

Don't want to be a wet blanket, but I thopugh that banks had undertaken to honour any offers made before the stay came into force? Did Barclays make the offer before 30th July last year?

Is this true?

Does this still stand?

I have 2 offers from before that date,would it be possible to accept them now?

:D

You can ask them if the original offers still stand if you did not reply to them. However if they offered you whatever the amount was and you decided you was not going accept and you told them. You may find you will have to wait for everything to take its course the same as the rest of us.

Ladidi