style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4764 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner wanted to see a particular footy game in Feb which was was only viewing on Setanta, so he rang up setanta and payed for this particular game for £9.99 by credit card.

He then proceeded to ask about cancelling this subscription, as he only wanted to view this particular game. The call-taker stated that if he recalled a day later (after the game had taken place) this request would be carried out.

So, as advised he rang back to cancel and he was then informed that he would NOT be able to cancel until the following month and he was assured there would be no further costs.

LIES, ALL LIES

Since then he has been charged every month! We have tried ringing several times to try and resolve this (and cancel) and they simply ignore our request. They say they will cancel and DONT!?!

To make matters worse, we have sent 1 letter of complaint, heard nothing and wrote 2 further complaint e-mails and STILL not heard a thing!!! :mad:

I have tried calling for the past week and a recorded voice tells me "they are busy, please call back later".

Is there something dodgy going on here??

What else can we do?? As they are taking money from my partner's credit card without our consent and for a service we do not want!!

Any advice or help would be greatly received.

Thanks

Contact the credit card provider and ask them to cancel the card and issue a new one with a new number.

In order to get the money back, I would write to them, detailing what you have said here, with the charges and give them 14 days to comply or you will start court proceedings against them.

That is what I had to do.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

a) you need to right, not phone. That way you have a paper trail for your complaint that can be produced to a court of necessary.

b) the probable reason for problems phoning last week is that the lines were overloaded by the Calzaghe fight.

c) all calls are recorded

d) Setanta is based in Eire, not UK - although the call centres are UK based. This will complicate any legal action you may wish to take.

Setanta is a 12 month minimum subscription so I think this may be the casue of the problem.

d) Setanta is based in Eire, not UK - although the call centres are UK based. This will complicate any legal action you may wish to take

Not so , they are reg in the uk as well.

Idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I didn't unsubscribed after only a few months and, despite a few hassles, they allowed me to cancel my contract.

From Setanta's FAQ's:

Freeview:

Can I get the channel for just one month?

No, While there is no annual contract you must subscribe for the first 2 months as a minimum. From then on, all you need to do is give us 30 days notice to cancel your subscription.

Sky:

Is there a 12 month contract?

No. Subscribe to Setanta Sports and get 11 fantastic channels with no annual contract for just £9.99 per month.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.