Barclays Loan on a Barclays bank account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4805 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wondered if someone could enlighten me on this: If a loan was given to support a bank account, and charges were applied to it, how do we treat this case? Can the charges be requested now or would they have to wait until the OFT case ruling comes out?

Your advise will be very welcomed!

Hi Nabuko. If these were penalty charges then you can start the process or reclaiming them. You can await the outcome of the test case, but bear in mind, if your charges go back 6 years from now, you may lose the earlier charges due to the limitations act.

Noone knows 100% when the ruling of the test case will be known.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Hi again jowalshy!

Thanks for your reply. My fault, I didn't word my thread properly; what I really meant to ask is if a loan can be treated the same as a credit card charges reclaim? I am not sure if the charges on a loan from Barclays are being reimbursed regardless of the OFT test case, since the loan looked like a Barclays normal bank account.

Ahhhhh. I understand now. I'm not too sure. (sorry :(), but I will try and do a little digging to find out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

thank you so much, and good luck, I tried myself with no luck, I even wrote to thisismoney.co.uk and never got a reply! :)

Im sure it won't be such a mystery to someone out there :confused:

You claim in the same way as you would a current account. Do you have all your statements? If not send a SAR. Once you have your statements, highlight all the charges they have charged you and pop them onto a spreadsheet.

Next step is the prelim letter, then wait 14 days,

Then send LBA, wait 14 days

Then file a claim.

I hope this helps

got it. I have sent a SAR letter today, the rest will follow as you said. Thanks for taking the time on this, I hope it helps others as well (loans on bank accounts are another reason for banks to abuse with inflated charges), it is very satisfying to finally find out.

Thanks! :)