Inventory required?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Am I correct in saying that for a landlord to take money from the deposit he/she must have an inventory from when the tenancy began?

If so should they have provided us with a copy at the start of the tenancy? Also what should be in it?

Thank You,

Joe

Inventory should include all the Landlord items eg cutlery set,dinner set x glasses. and this is how the Landlord can say well this is broken as it was new according to inventory etc.

You should have been given copy of this and it should have been agreed with yourselves and landlord in what state things were eg kitchen cupboards badly stained so that when you move out you can prove that the only damage is general wear and tear etc.

• Haha 1

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal Experiences/Mistakes lol...

He should not take money from your deposit.

However some Landlords feel they can do what they like so if he will not refund it send him a letter by registered post asking for him to provide you with proof that these items were damaged during your stay etc ( some take photo's) and once you receive the proof you will consider his request etc.

give him 2 weeks to reply in writting if no joy, send him letter giving him 2 weeks to refund money in full or your will take court action. Again give him 2 weeks to reply in writting and if still nothing start a small claims case.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal Experiences/Mistakes lol...

Am I correct in saying that for a landlord to take money from the deposit he/she must have an inventory from when the tenancy began?

No, but without an inventory a landlord may a job proving his case.

If so should they have provided us with a copy at the start of the tenancy? Also what should be in it?

If the inventory is not part of the agreement or agreed by the tenant the landlord will have difficulty using it as evidence.

Hi Guys

sorry about the hijack but this is very relevant to me at the moment.

When I moved in to a property I refused to sign the entry Inventory as the landlord kept labeling a carpet as "good" condition when it was clearly not - stains all over it.

Now i've left, guess what? He's trying to spank us for all of the deposit for various items which I do not think are fair. Now, we have not been involved in, or seen, an exit inventory - obviously, I have not signed it either!

Where does this leave us/him? We are in the TDS but, without any request for payment for x, y or z I can't raise a dispute.

Any ideas where we/he stand with regards to these replacement/cleaning issues with the lack of any signed entry or exit inventory?