any chance of turning PCN over???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4602 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I parked in what I thought was a Disabled space. This is right behind the Loading Bay area. The signage on the ground is faint and admitedly there is signage on the posts. Two signs which indicate both a Loading Bay and Disabled Bay which are directly next to each other, which I find to be very conflicting.

The Council have sent me photos of my car which show the front wheels of my car on the word 'only' relating to loading bay. This picture has been darkened so that you can see the wording.

When I parked this was not visible, otherwise I would not have parked there. I am extremely careful not to park in Loading Bays being a Disabled driver.

Is there any way I can overturn this ticket? I was watching Doms on the Case this morning on BBC1. He said that in order for an area to be called a Loading Bay it has to measure a minimum of 2.7metres in width with a maximum of 3.6metres. This is stated in the Traffic Signs and Regulations General Directory 2002.

Also, I have been told the all Councils hold a Discretionary Policy, which obviously was not taken into consideration. I have emailed the twice to no avail. Am now being sent a Notice to Owner.

I would be grateful for any help or advice that you may be able to give me.

tealeaf23:mad::(:confused:

I am going to measure this bay later on armed with my measuring tape on a Friday night! For fear of looking a prat in broad daylight!

Hi,

I parked in what I thought was a Disabled space. This is right behind the Loading Bay area. The signage on the ground is faint and admitedly there is signage on the posts. Two signs which indicate both a Loading Bay and Disabled Bay which are directly next to each other, which I find to be very conflicting.

The Council have sent me photos of my car which show the front wheels of my car on the word 'only' relating to loading bay. This picture has been darkened so that you can see the wording.

When I parked this was not visible, otherwise I would not have parked there. I am extremely careful not to park in Loading Bays being a Disabled driver.

Is there any way I can overturn this ticket? I was watching Doms on the Case this morning on BBC1. He said that in order for an area to be called a Loading Bay it has to measure a minimum of 2.7metres in width with a maximum of 3.6metres. This is stated in the Traffic Signs and Regulations General Directory 2002.

Also, I have been told the all Councils hold a Discretionary Policy, which obviously was not taken into consideration. I have emailed the twice to no avail. Am now being sent a Notice to Owner.

I would be grateful for any help or advice that you may be able to give me.

tealeaf23:mad::(:confused:

I am going to measure this bay later on armed with my measuring tape on a Friday night! For fear of looking a prat in broad daylight!

Can you scan up the parking ticket front and back wothout personal details.