Telling others...People don't seem interested!

brindle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi...

Great site keep up the good work...

I have been telling everyone I know about how the banks are not legally aloud to enforce these charges...

Everyone I speak to (except one) all say, "yeah the bank as stung me for hundreds", I then ask tell what they should do and where to look on the internet and they all say "okay, I'll think about."...

In one case a friend of mine had just been hit with a £39 charge for a failed standing order....Told him to go straight to the bank and sort it out and he hasn't done anything about it.....

Is everyone else having this problem that people just don't care that they are being hit for hundreds of pounds each year?

Its like people don't care about the banks doing this!

The way I look at this the more people you tell about this and get them to get the banks to re-imburse them for there penalties then the more influence we have to try and force the banks to stop these barbaric charges!

Any thoughts?

To get my bloody money back from those thieving wunch of bankers!

you are seeing in Live action the reasons the bank's continue to do it.

I would guess a huge huge percentage of people who issue the DPA request, and then send a written letter bottle it before taking it to court.

The banks know that most people just wouldnt have the mental energy to deal with it, and for the few that do its a small price to pay when you are making billions.

However the more people who do beat the banks, the more publicity it will get, and then more people will consider it and in time (with any luck) the charges will be reduced / dropped.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

http://www.saner-the-stoner.com - Life the universe and everything

http://442online.net - 442 Football Forums

I have had negative responses so far from people i have spoken to, so I have given up pestering them until I receive my money back.

Then I shall show them all the evidence that they will need!

10/3 Preliminary letter sent to bank

17/3 Acknowledgment letter recieved from bank

24/3 LBA letter sent to bank

19/5 Claim filed with court

10/6 Defence filed by bank

13/6 Allocation form filed with court

18/10 Preliminary hearing set by court for 10/11

21/10 documents for claim filed with court

3/11 Money deposited in account

That is probably the best approach. On the other hand after mentioning it to friends of mine I have started a claim against Barclays and against Halifax on their behalf

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

I got my first refund from yesterday.My ex-wife said £128 was not bad for a couple of letters.Barclaycard must owe her hundreds as she is always paying late,but she just can`t be bothered and can`t be bothered to set up a min payment DD either.Keep paying the fees then.

Offer to do it for her for 50% - get her to sign an agreement first.

When I told my dad what I was doing, he said 'don't hold your breath for getting any money back'. When I rang him to tell him I'd got £120 back he couldn't believe it!

£949.54 reclaimed from Nationwide June 06

A lot of people at work have said to me - "If you don't go overdrawn you won't be charged, it's as smple as that."

These people just don't get the point. If they walked down a dark alley and got their purse/wallet stolen, then they would expect immediate action, and sympathy from us. They would not expect apathy from the police "oh well, if you hadn't been there you wouldn't have been mugged".

The appropriation of our money by the banks is just as unlawful, if not quite as violent.

The appropriation of our money by the banks is just as unlawful, if not quite as violent.

Don't know about that. The long-term effects can be just as devastating. In fact, mentally, I recovered from a mugging much faster than from the ongoing and relentless onslaught from my bank when we were at our lowest ebb.

And at least, a mugger won't tell you it's your fault, you shouldn't have walked this way, whereas the banks will tell you it is your fault they're charging you! :Cry:

duplicate myself (or didn't have to go to work) then I would get the 'other' me to write a programme in which you could enter your postcode and it would give you the name and address of your MP to send the letter too.

There is one already linked in the library

This site is fantastic and I am frantically spreading the word amongst everybody I know!

Have had mostly positive responses and am now just about to start my own claims as well as those on behalf of friends.

Mum works in money advice for local council and she was very interested as majority of her customers have severe debt issues, often compunded by the unfair treatment dealt out by the banks in form of charges and 'penalties'.

Ask her if there is any basis for getting some funding.

Will do. I know that she works with these people on negotiating with their creditors so I assume referring them to this site and pointing them in the right direction would be within her remit.

Will try to find out if there is separate funding available for this matter too.

Keep up the good work!

Yeah when i tell people about what i am doing that just look at me like i'm crazy!! lol

They are prob thinking oh she wont get it back, but when i do and show them the evidence then they will all come flocking!! :roll:

Natasha

Abbey-received DPA letter on 13/03, received some breakdown till 2004 waiting for the more recent ones(where most charges occurred)

sent reminder email on 17/4/06

called abbey on 19/04/06 to remind them:rolleyes:

sent another email on 26/04/06:mad:

Approx charges £2500

received £500 refund in dec 06

sent LBA

Capital one- sent DPA letter 17/03

Sent prim letter for charges of £260 14/04

Received a refund £109 awaiting further refund of £151

Settled IN FULL

Barclay card- Sent DPA letter 17/03 sent reminder 14/04

received info claiming £120

settled in FULL

Dave wrote:

However, that's not true - if a DD is bounced, then you haven't gone overdrawn and yet you are still charged.

FYI: If you have more than one DD or SO coming out in one day, the bank will pay them in the highest order first - maximising the likelyhood of bouncing more and charging for it.

This is interesting, last week, Nationwide bounced TWO direct debits. Neither one on their own would have taken me over my overdraft limit, but instead they bounced both, and will presumably charge me too at the end of the month.

I don't know if I should complain now, or keep my powder dry for the full claim.

I'd complain now. You might get some satisfaction and if you don't, just add them to your claim

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Hi,

I've just been stung for £100 from two banks for going overdrawn and am intending to write to the banks for a refund. I can understand people's retience in writing as customers are frigthened of them, with us being grateful that they keep our money rather than grateful that we are letting them.

The original template letter reads very strongly and perhaps some people are put off by that (I realise the individual could edit it).

Perhaps I should send the letter and not worry what the bank thinks of me, for example a trouble maker to whom we wont extend overdrafts, give loans ... etc

It is strong. Amend it if it makes you feel more comfortable.

Can this really become as big as the endowment complaints have been?

I know that endowments were sent for review to ascertain whether any mis selling had taken place.

There probably wouldnt be any need for any sort of review in this case woul there? It would just be a case of refund to anyone who complains!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

To get my bloody money back from those thieving wunch of bankers!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks