mackenzie hall again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

just had a letter for a debt i forgot. they have told me i have to pay £800 by the end of the month or will be taken to court for seazure of goods can they do this?

have offered to pay in installments but they refused and told me payment or court. can pay it just not straight a way the debt is from 2005.

help:o

just wanted to chime in with my letter from MH!

I recieved a letter today stating that MH are attempting to contact the person above (ie me) regarding a personal matter blah blah blah.

It is roughly 5-6 years since i left some bad debts behind (credit card, overdraft, personal loan that kinda thing! all of which i didnt spend)that my ex fiance ran up in my name (all done by post and online!)

i was advised by CAB that if they havent spoken to me which they havent in about 5-6 years then i should ignore it and wait til they become statute barred.

I have had no debts, not even a bank account since that time, i have had a mobile phone contract for around 20 months, and have only just applied for a basic bank account again as my credit rating was understandably ruined.

I own no property, have a very low income as i am a student at university and have no assets.

im glad i googled Mackenzie Hall Ltd before ringing or writing to them.

this letter has clearly come about from the fact that my previous debts are about to become un-recoverable.

I will not admit to any of these debts and i strongly dissaprove of the methods that MH have undertaken in attempting to gain contact with me!

My fiance works for a well known high street bank and is disgusted by the stories people have written here!

Just to re-iterate, i should

1) ignore the letter, and subsequent red card i will get shortly

2) they have no legal rights whatsoever

3) who do i report their methods to?

Thanks everyone, what a wonderful site this is. cool.gif

If i have helped you please click the scales :)

I am here on my own quest for help, although i work for T-Mobile and will gladly assist where i can i am not here as a company representative.

I am not legally qualified, if in doubt seek professional assistance :)

Who is the original creditor? Have you had anything in writing about the alleged debt within the last 6 years? Have you maybe moved around and this has just now caught up with you?

Questions to original poster...

1) ignore the letter, and subsequent red card i will get shortly yes

2) they have no legal rights whatsoever no

3) who do i report their methods to? you need to send them all a CCA request firstly

PrettyPaula (Like the name:p )

You should maybe start your own thread you then get lots more help and great advice

imanutter,

Send a CCA request to MH ASAP.

Here's the letter you need just fill in your details...

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY

YOUR ADDRESS

DATE

THEIR ADDRESS

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number XXXXXXX

With reference to the above agreement, we would be grateful if you would send us a copy of this credit agreement.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), we are entitled to receive a copy of our credit agreement on request. We enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act. This payment is NOT to be paid used for any other purpose.

We understand a copy of our credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other

Enclose £1 postal order as payment and send recorded or special delivery. Use a £1 postal order as payment, keep copies of everything including the PO number to check if they cash it.

DO NOT PHONE THEM.

Good luck and best wishes.

• Haha 1

so they cant get a court order to enter my propery at the end of the month and sezie goods if i offer to pay the court?

No they cant, they have to have to take you court first and win and then you will have to fail to pay them after the court order that is a long long way off if at all, i doubt they will take you court

Hi

I hope someone can help.

My partner had a letter from Mackenzie Hall chasing 800 pound from 2000.

After looking on this great site we sent them the letter as he had not been chased for this in 8 years. They have left an answerphone message saying they want to speak to him about it, should he return the call? Bit worried about just ignoring it.

sorry for my previous hijack.

and just wanted to say it appears that MH comes in waves doesnt it? :D

I am here on my own quest for help, although i work for T-Mobile and will gladly assist where i can i am not here as a company representative.

Probably was their time of the month to borrow the threat-o-matic and the employee thay all allegedly share to operate it ;)

haha new tape in the dialler. :lol:

Hi

I hope someone can help.

My partner had a letter from Mackenzie Hall chasing 800 pound from 2000.

After looking on this great site we sent them the letter as he had not been chased for this in 8 years. They have left an answerphone message saying they want to speak to him about it, should he return the call? Bit worried about just ignoring it.

I take it that was the Statute barred letter, ignore them they no for a fact they cannot take you court if they did the judge would simply strike it out do not worry do not talk to them on the phone if they continue to phone send the the telephone harrasment letter, did you send the letter recorded delivery?