Whale Oil Beef Hooked !!

star_scream

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A copy of a letter has come into my possession. This is from the Really Bad Saving institution in response to his request for a copy CCA

And I quote:

As we are unable to supply the information to enable us to satisfy your request under s78(1) of the CCA 1974, we are now treating the balance as discharged and the agreement has ended. Please cut both cards in two and return them within 14 days.

This is after 1 letter and 1 month!1 A record??

Balance = £16,255.89

Odio los bancos con una venganza

LOL

Now that is just luvverly jubbly

16k, wow

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

:eek:

let me get this right,

u've sent a letter off for info request and they've scubbed the £16k debt

because they couldn't supply the info ?

congrats.......

Hi,

Unfortunately it wasn't mine :mad: But that's the gist. He sent off a s78 request at the end of Feb. Got the reply in April.

Must know something I don't

Good grief... I've already had a £5k loan "disappear" because NatWest couldn't supply any paperwork, but just one more debt written off would make a huge difference. £16k would clear them all and then some!! :eek:

*jealous*

I hate Alliance + Leicester

BT: No longer a customer :)

HSBC: £1222 refunded 28/5/06; Second claim of £737-24 refunded 9/11/06; PPI + interest on personal loan refunded 27/7/08

MBNA: £100 refunded on first claim of £112; £208 refunded on second claim for £108 24/9/07; PPI £256-28 refunded 8/4/08

NatWest: £1581-71 refunded 16/12/06; personal loan CCA agreement not provided

:eek: ... Insanely jealous.... lol ! :D

Just make sure your mate keeps that letter FOREVER, just in case they turn out to be unscrupulous barstewards after all and claim tax relief on the balance, before selling it on to vultures.

:eek: ... Insanely jealous.... lol ! :D

Just make sure your mate keeps that letter FOREVER, just in case they turn out to be unscrupulous barstewards after all and claim tax relief on the balance, before selling it on to vultures.

Thanks Priority, I'll tell him.

Hi,

Unfortunately it wasn't mine :mad: But that's the gist. He sent off a s78 request at the end of Feb. Got the reply in April.

Must know something I don't

Hi star_scream

Congratulations to your friend on that one! :)

Any idea what type of RBS account it was, and when it was first opened?

Cheers

Rob

OK s_s, I was just trying to work out whether it was worth taking a calculated gamble on CCA'ing RBS on any of the several accounts we have with them (and NatWest) which they are currently accepting £1 per month on, but on which they are trying to get increased payments.

I don't want to take the chance ATM if they might respond by getting nasty :rolleyes: but I suppose sooner or later I will have to!

Rob

• 10 months later...