Can natwest take charges from child tax credits?

Doz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I appologise in advance as this post may be a little long winded.

I have recieved a letter today from Natwest informing me i will be charged £28 for "Maintenance Charge" for going over my overdraft by 35p!

I gave them a call this morning to see if they would waiver this charge as i have done so in the past of which they have refunded charges before but they are digging there heels in with this one as they have told me that i have already been over my limit 3 times in the last 4 months of which all 3 was there fault due to a banking error. The lady i spoke to was having none of it as i asked her to prove how much it costs to process this charge of which she would not answer me. I got so wound up i threatened to pay my overdraft off, shut my account down and start reclaiming the charges back but then i thought i had read something on the GAG website before about the banks not being allowed to take monies from someone claiming Child Tax Credits.

I dont work but my partner does but we both have sepreate Natwest accounts.The only money that goes into my account is Child Tax Credits (weekly) and my partners Working Tax Credits (monthly) so i have 2 questions if someone would kindly answer these for me please:

1: Are they allowed to take bank charges from my account which has Tax credits paid into it?

2: Is there a template letter that i can send or hand into the bank to stop them doing this?

Thanks in advance Doz.

Hiya Doz.

Unfortunatly they do take money out regardless of where it has come from. :mad:

Here is the letter you need, but you have to send it in BEFORE the charge is due out. They do sometimes ignore it. If so you can complain to the FOS.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/42170-right-appropriation-stop-bank.html

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .