I am in a right mess ..

WottaSnap
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5852 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a few debts which I want to sort out, and am in a complete mess. Some of them are older than others, but some are quite recent.

Debts Outstanding:

Council tax: I have one liability order for approx £100 and another account where I owe £25.. this one they have just wrote telling me I have 7 days to pay before they take it further (I know it sounds such a low amount, but I just don’t have it to pay at once)

Simply Be: The debt has been passed on to Reliable Collections and in the last 12-18 months has gone from approx £500 which I owed, to £978 because of charges and interest etc. I know I didn’t sign a credit agreement with them, do you think the CCA request would be my best way to go with this?

Pipex Homecall: Received a notice of visit from CCS (commercial credit services). They say I owe £210.70, but I don’t agree with this. They put my on restricted services in Nov last year as I owed approx £80 and then charged me the next month as if I had full services. I was annoyed with this and told them it wasn’t fair .. they disagreed so I went back to BT. BT took over in Mid January and this is what Pipex are now saying I owe.

Littlewoods: At the end of November and beginning of December, I got 2 new catalogues as I realised I would not be able to afford Christmas presents for my little boy and rest of my family (I know I was stupid). They have gone from approx £150 each to approx £170/£180 each.

Others: There are other debts to 4 of those doorstep loan companies. They have not been in touch for maybe 18 months. Goodness knows how much I am going to own now with charges etc. I probably owed approx £1500 when I stopped paying.

I have a capital one credit card and also have a buy as you view meter on my TV for a PC I got. These are not in arrears.

Lowells/Red have also been in touch about an Aqua card saying I owe it from approx 4 years ago. I don’t ever remember having an aqua card so have printed off a CCA request to them.

I finally broke down end January when I got served a notice seeking possession of my rented house (I owed approx 850) .. A guy from the council came round with it and I was a mess .. He was lovely and told me to go to housing benefit with my accounts, which I did and managed to sort that out .. I still owe money for rent (approx £50) but they are not going for possession of the house anymore. I got in touch with the inland revenue and closed the business. In the house there is me, and my little boy. I am on Income support.

I have been to Equifax and Experian to see if I could get reference numbers for the 4 loan companies and there is only one listed in my report.

There is also a CCJ dated May 2006.

Am I right in thinking that apart from Simply Be and Lowells I should just send the rest a token payment letter? As most of the money I get goes straight out.

I am really sorry for the length of this post .. I didn’t realise all this would come pouring out as I started typing. If there is anything I have missed off that I should of told you, please let me know.

Any help getting straight would be gratefully received.

Wotta xx

you are on the right lines requesting CCA's for the credit debts.....but you have to try and prioritise the important ones, council tax, rent etc....

I would give the National Debtline a call....they are very good...(free and confidential)

National Debtline, for FREE CONFIDENTIAL and INDEPENDENT ADVICE call 0808 808 4000

• Haha 1

you are on the right lines requesting CCA's for the credit debts.....but you have to try and prioritise the important ones, council tax, rent etc....

I would give the National Debtline a call....they are very good...(free and confidential)

National Debtline, for FREE CONFIDENTIAL and INDEPENDENT ADVICE call 0808 808 4000

Thank you for this information 42man .. I came off the phone about 15 minutes ago. I spoke to a lovely gentleman who has explained how I can get out of this mess. He said he is sending me out some information on a new bank account (just incase aqua is mine and halifax start dipping into my account) he's sending information on how to do this myself and also sending information on an administration order for the courts to take over my debts as I have an unsatisfied ccj in place. He also told me what to do re: the council tax and rent (letters & budget will be going in the post tomorrow)

Anyway .. thanks again for the information

Wotta x

• Haha 1

Try and relax....you are amongst people here who won't judge you, and will have been through things similar to you (whether better or worse !!!)...glad you feel better, if it was me in your position, I would keep on the CCA track as it could be a safeguard to any of those who want to take you to court.... if you get any letters threatening to visit you, or the phone calls become harrassing, or indeed if there is anything else....keep us informed...

Hi Wotta :)

I just wanted to add my support too, you're not alone and we are all here to help.

I'm slowly fighting my way out of debt with the help of the lovely people on CAG, this forum has given me back my faith in human nature :)

All the very best of luck.

Mr & Mrs Ananya's story so far -

Welcome Finance - account closed - no CCA - 02/07 - £1500

NatWest - settled in full 09/06 - £600

NatWest - settled in full 06/07 - £72

Verso - Settled in full 07/08 - £2002

C.K. Edrupt/Provident - account closed - no CCA - 04/07 - £640

Littlewoods/Shop Direct - 2 accounts closed - Statute Barred - 04/10 - £800

D.C.A.s who've given up so far -10