Bailiff assaulted me - Case closed .. I WON

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4665 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Screw The Bailiff

Its all down to the funny-handshake club, a tough nut to crack - well done seamanarts - congrats!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its finally over, I can carry on with my life, its been a hard and stressful year, but today at about 2 pm at Ipswich county Court it was said that the said bailiff DID do wrong by forcing his way into my home. I had my say albeit a very tearful and confusing one, but glad its over none the less.

well the complaint was upheld and was given the opertunity by the Judge on what I would like to happen, whether to ask for his certificate to be revoked or not.

Call me soft but I didnt want to see him lose his job so I opted not to have his certificate revoked. I saw that he was wearing a wedding ring and that he might have children and I would of felt bad if he had lost his income. He may have deserved eveything coming to him but his family didnt. So I asked that he kept his certificate but it has been held on record. I was also compensated for my stress and my injuries.

Thank you all for listening to me moan etc and for the help that you guys have given.. without you I could of never done this. A big thank you to the site as well, A little something will be donated towards the running of this site.

Another victory towards bad bailiffs.. I hope he has learnt his lesson, because if he is infront of the Judge again the chance of him losing his certificate is a very high one :wink:

3 threads merged, so people can follow your story from start to finish.

Well done you, and you're a more forgiving person than I am, I would have had his certificate stripped and shoved so far up his pooper that he would have squeaked as he walked! :razz:

congratulation_graphics_1.gif

Well done

My only disappointment is that unlike many others on here you had the opportunity to have his certificate revoked & didn't do it

To anyone else who has this opportunity please don't have any sympathy for these people who act in this way they cause abject misery to people everyday.

Please.please when or if the opportunity avails itself then use it & get these unscrupulous parasites off the backs of consumers.

Also if other misbehaving bailiffs see one of their own being done they might think twice before they do the same

Sorry if I appear upset seanamarts but the chance to stick it to one of these cretins is so rarely available to us so to forgo it makes me just a little mad:mad:

Anyway again well done & enjoy your victory:)

Please.please when or if the opportunity avails itself then use it & get these unscrupulous parasites off the backs of consumers.

We talking about the law profession again :p

I agree with the Op about their decision not to have his licence taken away from him. Its all very well putting him out of work but as the OP has stated his family was not to blame and should not suffer

Compensation and maybe a training need?

Well done on your perseverance

What! Less we forget he didn't give a toss about the OP's family & in fact accused the OP of assault...a false accusation with which they had to live with for many months thinking they might even be imprisoned when they are the victim

We ain't talking a minor infringement here.........we are talking about a bailiff who lied & attempted to have the OP given a criminal record.

Compensation my butt I would want the guys blood & those of the officers who allowed it to happen

Well done

My only disappointment is that unlike many others on here you had the opportunity to have his certificate revoked & didn't do it

To anyone else who has this opportunity please don't have any sympathy for these people who act in this way they cause abject misery to people everyday.

Also if other misbehaving bailiffs see one of their own being done they might think twice before they do the same

Sorry if I appear upset seanamarts but the chance to stick it to one of these cretins is so rarely available to us so to forgo it makes me just a little mad:mad:

Anyway again well done & enjoy your victory:)

Believe me Jon, I would have liked nothing more than to see him stripped of his certificate, he lied from the moment he opened his mouth to the final statement, and I was angry and upset that he did but I didnt expect nothing more from him, but as the Judge was reading the last bits of the hearing and I knew that I had won, I looked over at him and saw he was wearing a wedding band. I thought about his family and how they would suffer if he was out of a job, maybe they wouldnt but I didnt know that.

I felt that I would be no better than he was if I took away something that was his and I didnt want to feel that way, I am a compasionate person and try to look beyond what may be.I hope he has gone away and thought about the consequences of this whole sorry saga and learnt from it. maybe he wont but I live in hope :)

Believe me Jon, I would have liked nothing more than to see him stripped of his certificate, he lied from the moment he opened his mouth to the final statement, and I was angry and upset that he did but I didnt expect nothing more from him, but as the Judge was reading the last bits of the hearing and I knew that I had won, I looked over at him and saw he was wearing a wedding band. I thought about his family and how they would suffer if he was out of a job, maybe they wouldnt but I didnt know that.

I felt that I would be no better than he was if I took away something that was his and I didnt want to feel that way, I am a compasionate person and try to look beyond what may be.I hope he has gone away and thought about the consequences of this whole sorry saga and learnt from it. maybe he wont but I live in hope :)

bravo.gif

oh by the way he may not have his certicate renewed next year because of what has happened its soley down to the Judges discretion, and it has now been recorded on his file so if he steps out of line again he will have his certificate taken away

3 threads merged, so people can follow your story from start to finish.

Well done you, and you're a more forgiving person than I am, I would have had his certificate stripped and shoved so far up his pooper that he would have squeaked as he walked! :razz:

congratulation_graphics_1.gif

Thank you :)

Maybe the blind eye didn't read the title of the court properly

Was it the entry unlawful or the way they did it?

Entry was unlawful, he forced his way in. Placing ones foot in the door way is NOT allowed

Excellent work , (thats the OP and all that assisted)

:)

This is what CAG is all about and fair brings a tear to my eyes

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Well done you. The right result in the end.

You are an inspiration to us all who use CAG. You should feel proud at what you have achieved and so should all those that have helped you along the way.

Also I think that you handled yourself admirably in the court by showing compassion towards the bailiffs family, by not insisting that he lose his certificate and putting them under hardship. Lets hope that he and others like him can learn from this outcome.

Hearty congratulations once again.

Tip us a wink on my scales if you think I may have helped at all;)

well done !!!!!!!

i would have had his ticket taken from him...... just think of all the people before you that wasnt stronge enough to stand up to him. You wouldn't have been the first person he had treated like that ..... and i'm sure he will still be the same. If he had cared about his job or his family he wouldn't have done what he did.....

My kids had to look out of my front room window and watch as the bailiffs pushed and shuved their mum about and watch them damage my van. then watch as police took me away in a police car

Its greed that makes the bailiffs act like this in the first place....

After all that is written on this & other sites about bailiffs & their often appalling behaviour I can't believe what I'm reading here.....show them compassion.......my Gawd!

This guys behaviour was truly disgraceful & he didn’t at any time show any compassion for his victim or family & remember when a member is taking on these people they shouldn’t think they are only doing it for themselves……….they are fighting for us all……..we all have some stake in what happens………success for one is a success for all………another victory in the fight against Mammon

& Crash what is meant by casting the 1st stone I have no idea.........not having ever been a debt collector

I think I'm with JC here. This guy didn't make a mistake; had it been a mistake he would have told the truth in court, having had MONTHS to think about it. No - he was out to get away with it, KNOWING that what he did was wrong, and KNOWING that his victim was vulnerable. I hope the next person he tries this on isn't so lenient; but then, they won't have to be. Next time his licence is gone, permanently.

I think I'm with JC here. This guy didn't make a mistake; had it been a mistake he would have told the truth in court, having had MONTHS to think about it. No - he was out to get away with it, KNOWING that what he did was wrong, and KNOWING that his victim was vulnerable. I hope the next person he tries this on isn't so lenient; but then, they won't have to be. Next time his licence is gone, permanently.

Well thats very admirable of you. I just hope that anyone reading this thread that has the same opinion does so when a member of their family does something, intentionally or otherwise, that causes them to lose their income. The original poster has shown a higher degree of compassion towards this individual than a lot of other people would have. Their opinion was "why should his family suffer for his actions". I agree, had he been a single man then take his licence but for his family to suffer because of his actions is wrong

To make it simple for you - Have you never made a mistake or done something wrong?

You don't have to make it simple crash I just couldn't believe that someone could be so stupid as to make such a comment trying to make a comparison.......so thinking it might be a mistake I thought I would give you an opportunity to say what you really meant.......only to find that you meant it the way it sounded

Made mistakes yes we all make mistakes in life but your comment is rediculous........how on earth can you begin to think that assaulting someone whilst committing a criminal act can be compared to a question of bad judgement.........get real........there's no comparison

The mistakes I have NEVER made are I have never ever perjured myself, made false witness nor have I ever assaulted someone in the furtherance of my job

Crash what on earth are you trying to say..........you think this guy should be forgiven for all he has done because someone in a family might do something at sometime in the future

I hate to ask this but why do you have so much sympathy for the guy or his family when he had absolutely none for his victim or their family????

The criminal act that you talk about the bailiff committing was not clarified till later in the proceedings. If you actually read the post I have made above, you will see that i would agree with your sentiment of removing his licence. The comparison i am making is why should his family suffer for his stupidity