Moorcroft found the signed Credit Agreement. Please look.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just been down the CAB. They say on their sign and website that they open from 10am-1pm. I made sure I gave myself plenty of time beforehand to queue but they had already opened the doors and let the quota in by the time I got there. So why say 10am? Grrr!. I asked what time I should start queueing and he said between 6am-7am. Mad. I forgot to ask when they opened their doors this morning though.

Hi there

now it may be my eye sight cos i have been sat here for hours typing a law essay but the signature box doesnt look right to me, there is something not right and i believe that they may have cut and pasted it on to the document

paul

Yes i agree the Signature box doesn't look right. Can you post the copy of the original signed application form so we can have alook at the boxes?

May well be a cut and paste.

Just been down the CAB. They say on their sign and website that they open from 10am-1pm. I made sure I gave myself plenty of time beforehand to queue but they had already opened the doors and let the quota in by the time I got there. So why say 10am? Grrr!. I asked what time I should start queueing and he said between 6am-7am. Mad. I forgot to ask when they opened their doors this morning though.

Phone them and make an appointment with an advisor. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes i agree the Signature box doesn't look right. Can you post the copy of the original signed application form so we can have alook at the boxes?

May well be a cut and paste.

All Moorcroft sent me was this faxed copy. This is a scan of those faxed pages they sent me. Which is why I asked if a faxed copy counts as a true signed copy of the agreement or not. If not then I will send a letter to Moorcroft telling them that.

Please advise.

Phone them and make an appointment with an advisor. :)

Well I just phoned and all I get is an options menu telling me they are closed. I will check their website again for when they accept phonecalls and try again. I have a feeling they will just tell me to queue up though. Catford CAB is known to be bad. Might have to look further afield.

Sorry to hear that. I just tried ours and they accept telephone calls for appointments between the hours of 1-3 pm. Good luck

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Well I just phoned and all I get is an options menu telling me they are closed. I will check their website again for when they accept phonecalls and try again. I have a feeling they will just tell me to queue up though. Catford CAB is known to be bad. Might have to look further afield.

Hi when I went to see CAB about 10 years ago, I had to explain my situation to them, and then they had to refer me onto the Money Advice Service who helped me negotiate token payments. It took a few weeks to sort that out appointment out though. I couldn't get immediate help. (it wasn't Catford area in case you're wondering).

You could also try National Debtline, they have a website where you can download leaflets and also email and phone them for advice. they are really good, they have template letters and I've found them really helpful.

as for what you can afford to pay, well if it's only a token payment of £1, then so be it, that's all I've paid in the past. I haven't been taken to court (yet!) but if it were ever to get that far, then the court would only order that you pay what you can afford, and if you can offer £1, that is what you would pay. :)

All Moorcroft sent me was this faxed copy. This is a scan of those faxed pages they sent me. Which is why I asked if a faxed copy counts as a true signed copy of the agreement or not. If not then I will send a letter to Moorcroft telling them that.

Please advise.

you all so say they sent you a (Signed application page was illegible apart from signature) is it on a box like the page you all ready posted?

Seems very strange that the rest of document is on a white back ground but your signature is on a greyed out box.

I was going to offer exactly what I was paying RBS which was £35 per month. But that made things tight. I may just offer them £15 to give me some leeway. I will have to look things over before I make any offer anyhow. I want to know first if this faxed copy of the agreement Moorcroft sent me is valid. If not then I want a proper copy. If anyone can tell me if a faxed copy counts I would be grateful.

you all so say they sent you a (Signed application page was illegible apart from signature) is it on a box like the page you all ready posted?

Seems very strange that the rest of document is on a white back ground but your signature is on a greyed out box.

The application form is mostly only legible on the portions I filled in. The application did not scan well through their fax machine it would seem. The signature box is legible on the last page of the application form but everything else around it is too dark to read the letters. It does not look exactly like the grey box. Let me check the two sigs I think I see what you are getting at. If they are exactly the same...no they are not the same. My signature varies so they have not cut and pasted it from the application form if that is what you were thinking.

It looks to me as if the 2 signature boxes have just been stuck on at the bottom - this doesn't look like a professional document at all. The typing at the top of the first document is right up close to the address. And I have never seen Terms and Conditions just typed out in a line like that. Pity you couldn't get hold of another agreement to compare it with.

It looks to me as if the 2 signature boxes have just been stuck on at the bottom - this doesn't look like a professional document at all. The typing at the top of the first document is right up close to the address. And I have never seen Terms and Conditions just typed out in a line like that. Pity you couldn't get hold of another agreement to compare it with.

Agreed. I am wondering if I should write to Moorcroft stating that the agreement has two seperate pages and thus is unenforceable. If they write back stating it is just the reverse of the agreement I could then write back asking them to prove it. A faxed copy is also not acceptable to me.

You can get a Forensic Document Analysis done which would tell you whether it was authentic or not but I have no idea how much it would cost. I think it would be worth it to make a complaint to the police if it wasn't kosher.

You could always write back and outline your concerns and ask that they make the original available to view at your local branch.

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Just notticed its a joint venture with RBS are they up to ther old tricks?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/11427-walton-rbos-23.html#post1272718

I have just skimmed through that thread and will go back for a more in depth read.. absolutely unbelievable.

BCOBS

You could always write back and outline your concerns and ask that they make the original available to view at your local branch.

Interesting thought. The idea of having a face to face with them does not fill me with much joy though. They may even welcome it. They will have me there in person to harrass. Especially if I cannot fault the agreement. What would be preferable would be to view it at the nearest RBS since it is RBS who hold the original agreement (According to the fax that is, since it shows it is from the people who I was originally dealing with).

I have just skimmed through that thread and will go back for a more in depth read.. absolutely unbelievable.

Same here. So RBS are 'recreating' the signed agreements. I am dumbfounded. I can now see why others stated they were a little suspicious of my own agreement.

• 11 months later...