just done my letter

rai
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

this site is great. got the link from martins money tips. just finished my letter asking for my statements. bit worried about going through my branch as i've alway had a good relationship with them, but o well here goes nothing. wish me luck

Rachel :D

hi

not posting the data protection letter as i was able to look over my last 6 years statments on my internet banking. saves any charges for them sending them out to me. I feel like i've actualy done something good with my day off sick.

Rachel :p

• 2 weeks later...

sent my letter by email on friday 17th march. here is my reply dated 21st

Dear Mr ******

21 March 2006

Thank you for your recent email.

I am looking into the matters you have raised and will contact you with a full response as soon as I have completed my investigations.

I am formally obliged to advise you of the Bank’s complaint handling procedures that you can view by logging on to http://www.hsbc.co.uk and Contact Us, then 'How to Complain' which sets out the relevant details for you.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us. I am only sorry it has been necessary for you to do so.

Yours sincerely

Brenda Paul

Customer Relations Officer

looks like the standard reply and i seem to be male all of a suden, nice to see they pay attention when sending out there generic letters.

only reason i emailed my letter is my printer died on me on the day i wanted to send my letter. do you think i should resend my letter to the branch, once my printer is fixed, and if i do should i redate it and give them more time. or should i just leave alone. :oops:

forgot one other thing. tried to open a new account with Loyds TSB as a 'just in case' on line and got a letter today refusing me on credit scoring. this concernd me as i have kept on top of my credit history and kept it pritty clean and i've not gone over my agreed overdraft in a year, no were near it. could this be a result of my letter or am i getting parinoid.

Rachel

rai, there is no way on gods green earth that you were refused a bank account because of a letter you sent to a different bank.

I have a very poor credit rating but successfully managed to recently take out a Halifax current account in Jan (I have a HSBC account too), perhaps you may be worth trying them. Be careful how many you apply for though as current account applications show on your credit record, just as credit cards do.

best of luck!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks