My Husband v Lloyds TSB,First Round To Lloyds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5832 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have sent a letter to LLoyds TSB on my Husband's behalf asking for the return of his PPI on the grounds he is & was self employed & therefore not eligible to claim on ith policy.

Lloyds have evetually written back rejecting his claim stating -

You have stated you were a self employed customer at the start date of the policy. A self employed customer is eligible for the policy and dependant on his circumstances at point of claim would be covered for all of the benefits under the policy. This includes the unemployment benefit,accident & sickness benefit,critical illness cover & life cover together with positive job solutions. The definition of employed under Lloyds TSB policies includes a person who is self employed

We have now reviewed the recording of your sales call. We can confirm that the seller provided all the relevant information thet we require them to do so.

Following the sales call you were sent the consumer credit act agreement relating to your loan & copies of the ppi policy summary & policy dcoument. The policy document set out details of the cover & it's limitations & exclusions.

In the absence of further information I am afriad I have no other alternative than to reject your claim.

Is this a standard go away and stop annoying me response or is this really game set & match to Lloyds TSB. My husband can't remeber arranging the loan over the phone as he always conducts his bank business in person in the branch.

Were do we go from here, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I HAVE ALL THE MONEY I'LL EVER NEED - IF I DIE BY 4 O'CLOCK THIS AFTERNOON!!:-|

Hello jodybuk,

welcome the the PPI forum.

Yes this one of the standard responses to try and put you off your guard and make you go away.

Firstly can I ask, was the PPI applied to a loan?

Do you still have a copy of the Consumer Credit Agreement (CCA) and Terms and Conditions?

If you do, please check out the small print on the detail of unemployment benefit, accident and sickness benefit etc to see if he would definately have been covered.

It is unlikely he would be covered if self employed as most PPI policies exclude self employed persons and a multitude of other exclusions.

and dependant on his circumstances at point of claim

Yes and the circumstances would probably exclude him from making a successful claim.

If you do not have a copy of the CCA then you can request one. This link will give you all the letter templates:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner

It is letter N. Basically you ask for the information under the direction of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 sections 77 to 79 sending the statutory fee of £1.00 and they have to respond within 12 days plus 2 for postage or they are breaking the law. They have to supply a copy of the CCA plus the Terms and Conditions (T &Cs) of the PPI and statement of account and any other documentation relating to the CCA.

If you already have the CCA, T&Cs etc then you can send a Data Subject Access Request (SAR) with a Statutory fee of £10.00. You will find templates in the stickies and help on what to ask for Including tapes or transcripts of all telephone conversations and any other data they hold in regard to the PPI.

We have now reviewed the recording of your sales call. We can confirm that the seller provided all the relevant information thet we require them to do so.

You can ask for a copy of this recording in your SAR. Plus any other recordings, letters etc etc.

As they have admitted having a recording they have to release it to you under the SAR as it is classed as Data and it is relevant to you or your husband as the Data Subject.

Hope this helps getting you started.:)

good luck

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 3 weeks later...

I had this same paragraph in a letter for my OH:

You have stated you were a self employed customer at the start date of the policy. A self employed customer is eligible for the policy and dependant on his circumstances at point of claim would be covered for all of the benefits under the policy. This includes the unemployment benefit,accident & sickness benefit,critical illness cover & life cover together with positive job solutions. The definition of employed under Lloyds TSB policies includes a person who is self employed

Now Im trying to find the PPI policy etc for Lloyds for 2002, can anyone point me in the right direction. I know I can send CCA etc but thought Id try and see if anyone has a copy.

Morgan Stanley

**Won 31.01.07 with CCI**

Capital One

**Won 19.04.07 with CCI**

Halifax current & Joint

Verbal S.A.R 11.01.07, stats recd 18.01.07

Halifax Visa prelim sent 26.01.07. Reply 31.01.07 Filed N1 on 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

GE Capital

Frazercard Prelim sent with CCI 27.01.07

Burtons Prelim sent with CCI 22.01.07

RBOS Visa S.A.R sent 12.01.07

Partners JJB card (Creation) *Won* with part interest - 15.02.07

Partners LLOYDS Account S.A.R 13.12.06 - stats recd 30.01.07. Prelim sent with CCI 01.02.07

Partners BOS Mastercard Offered all charges except £12. Refused. N1 filed 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs