• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

my summary cause

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

handed in my summary cause yesterday (tue) and paid for it, received it back from the court today stamped and signed but am having trouble getting it served:eek: reason is there are no sheriff officers in shetland so have to get a solicitor to do it, traipsed around all the solicitors today and nobody can do it (reasons vary from too busy to we dont do that here) i think in other words small island community too scared to get involved:confused: am trying sheriff officers in aberdeen and inverness to see if they can do it and how much it'll be. needs to be served before next fri. if anyone has any other ideas let me know pronto. i really didn;t think it'd be problem, but my partner thought this would happen, is like that here sometimes.

Hi Marciag, im not sure how it works with the summons being served, im about to do it start of next week, do you know if YOU have got to give it to sheriff officers or can anyone hand it into them, I went into their offices the other day to ask the price and they said it was £30.25 (dont know if yours would be different dependant on distance etc) to serve.

If anyone could submit it for you I would be more than happy to give it into the office im giving mine into. The office im going into is George Walker and Co, 24 St James St, Paisley, PA3 2JS, TEL: 0141 887 2478. Webpage is George Walker & Co. - Messenger-at-arms and Sheriff Officers.

If It can be done this way, and you are happy with it you could post it to me and I would gladly hand it in for you, again im not sure so get confirmed if It can be done this way and how much it would cost in your case and just let me know.

Prelim Req sent 12 June 2006,

LBA sent 26 June 2006,

Confirmation of court action sent 24 July 2006,

Court return date 20 October 2006 - LTSB did not reply,

Court hearing date 27 October 2006 - Decree granted in my favour,

Recall of decree recieved 16 November 2006,

1 December 2006 assigned as recall of decree,

26 January 2007 assigned for full proof hearing,

16 January 2007 1st offer recieved and declined,

23 January 2007 2nd offer accepted, awaiting monies to hit bank account

All advice & opinions of o0oLiamBeeo0o are personal opinions, if in doubt seek advice from a qualified professional !!

vvv My Thread vvv

phew, i emailed heaps of places in aberdeen last night and luckily scott and co (messengers in arms etc) have replied first thing this morning and said they'll do it. i have to post it down to them in aberdeen and send a cheque for just under £16.00 (not bad). before i received this email i spoke to the sheriff clerk about difficulty in getting a solicitor etc, i mentioned that maybe i should have gone for 2 small claims instead (people seem to break down their claims in blocks of £750) but he said that cant be done? i'm sure i've seen other posts about it. so it looks like its back on track, just worried about the costs if we do lose the case (i know nobody has lost agains the bank yet) but dont know of any other summary cause cases? small claims if you lose you only pay cost of up to £75 but with summary cause you pay all their costs back! so i'm just feeling a bit nervous today.

I also spoke to my local Sheriff Court Clerk yesterday and she said that she doubted very much that this could be done aswell (multiple small claims on one account). However, Mike Dailly on the Govan Law centre site said that there is no reason why not. The clerk I spoke to was not 100% sure, but she was very confident that you cannot do it that way.

Bank of Scotland

Letter asking for Statements - 24 Apr 06

Recieve Some Statements - 29 June 06 (rest recd. on 18th Jul)

Planning claim - 30 June 06

Preliminery Letter Sent 3rd July 06 - claiming £4143 (recorded delivery)

Standard letter recieved - no offer - 13 July 06

LBA sent 18 July 06 (signed for on 19th)

Recd. phone call 21st July 06, offered £210 then £600. Refused.

Moneyclaim Online submitted for £4398 (11th Aug 06)

Letter rec.d informing of full reimbursement within 5 days (23 Aug 06)

MBNA Credit Card

Planning claim - 2 Jul 06

Letter asking for statements sent 3 July 06 (recorded delivery)Preliminery letter sent recorded 8th Aug 06

Sent LBA 22 Aug 06

Applied for RBS parachute account - 3 July 06

More details needed, posted current statemets - 12 July 06

Account open - 14 july 06