Provident £2,070 / Welcome £6,478 / BrightHouse £4,289 / Council Tax £685 / Rent £400

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Has anyone heard of a loan brokers called Individual Finance?

We have bad credit and are currently not working and we would like to get a consolidation loan to pay off all our debts so we only have 1 company to pay each month instead of loads. These say they can accept people that are not working and on benefits.

Any advice?

Kind Regards

Mummy_of_Five

Don't go for consolidation with ANYONE - you will be basically turning unsecured loans into secured loans and run a bigger chance of loosing your home.

Have you sent a CCA request to each debt collecting agency and SAR to each original creditor you are dealing with to find out if they are genuine debts?

The companies we owe money to are places we know we owe the money to. Theres Provident £2,070 / Welcome Car Finance £6,478 / BrightHouse £4,289 / Council Tax Arrears £685 / Rent Arrears £400. Which comes to nearly £14,000.

We dont own our own house as we live with my dad - The rent arrears are so he can sign the house over to us and he can then move in with his girlfriend (we know he should really pay but is very unlikely to).

We dont really see any other options as we are struggling to pay these and all our household bills, we have key and card meters for the gas and electricity, so we have to pay these every week or we dont get any gas or electric and sometimes we struggle to buy food. Luckily I have a really understanding nan and grandad who lend us money quite often, and only ask for a few quid a week to pay them back, but they are obviously only on a pension and dissablity because my nan has strokes and fits. So we hate to put our troubles on them.

Kind Regards

Mummy_of_Five

CT are u entitled to any benefits?

HR basically the same.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

you will be entitled to housing and council tax benefit.

you need to apply for them.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

we cant get housing benefit or council tax benefit because it is my dads house and we live with him. He is on JSA so he gets these but has to pay some council tax and rent to the housing association because we live there. Thats why we need to pay the rent arrears so he can then sign the tenancy of the house over to us and he can then move in with his girlfriend.

Thanks for helping me, all help is greatly received.

Mummy_of_Five

Have u actually been told this as i know plenty of ppl in housing where more thanone family is living there all gaining housing and ct benefit.

My FIL is in a HA property and when his daugter turned 18 she was on IS and claiming CTB and HB.