Oyster Card Hell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4690 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Later on, I discovered that TfL actively carry out individual journey tracking of Oyster card data.

So they actually track certain Oyster cards? Wow, you learn something new everyday.

it is your legal right to have a ticket. that is your proof of payment, if there is a doubt about your oyster card not being accepted by the machine then ask the driver/ conductor for a ticket to confirm payment. if they do not do this they are breaking the law, they must provide a ticket.

Sorry mate, thats complete rubbish!

I am a london bus driver, and I CANNOT issue you a ticket to prove that you tapped in your oyster card.

All I ask is to be treated fairly and lawfully.

another legal point: if you jump the barriers and injure yourself who are you going to sue?

You don't have the legal right to be there, you are trespassing and you have broken the law by jumping the barriers.

It happened at Slough station about 8 years ago and he lost one of his prize assets. and now walks with a distinct limp.

(True).

I had an argument at Clapham Junction yesterday - I used pay as you go Oyster for the first time on the overground from CJ to Kingston and back

at Kingston it was fine - I touched out and it showed the amount that was taken from my Oyster - at CJ on the way back all the barriers were open and when I touched out it didnt show any deductions from my oyster - I went and found a ticket collector and explained she just waved me through the barrier but I refused and asked her to scan my oyster to ensure that I had touched out correctly - but she refused I then told her that If I had not touched out correctly or the scanner was not working I would be charged a higher fare - in the end she found a hand held scanner and guess what I had not touched out, is this a [problem] to make people pay more I ask myself

• 2 weeks later...
So they actually track certain Oyster cards? Wow, you learn something new everyday.

All oyster cards are tracked, I remember a few years back a person was murdered and the criminal used the victims oyster card, police were able to check cctv which eventualy lead to the murderer being caught.

• 1 year later...

After my wife got in to trouble with oyster, I got this forum by luck.

My wife found a lost blue oyster at a super store.

So she just kept it in her hand bag and used it on buses for three days. On that third day she was caught by Revenue inspector and told that it is an income support oyster that my wife didn't notice when she used it. Inspector collected wife's name and address and issued a RTM ticket for her to continue the journey. My wife didn’t sign on anything.

Now after 5 days, we got a letter from TFL requesting the comments before their legal procedures. We confirm that this is purely an incident and we never dream to do a fraud. Any Advice??

I got a last reply :

I think that this one needs a 'Tfl/London Bus' expert.

I never get involved with cases west of the M25, so I have no expertise in dealing with 'Tfl'. I have a vague thought that some of their matters are passed to 'CPS' (Crown Prosecution Service).

So I thought this form may have some one with Tfl/London Bus' expert. Nothing else friend..I am looking for a appropriate reply, I have to send my comments asap.

Hello again. Grotesque is right, CAG doesn't encourage duplicate postings. It won't get you better advice and might actually make things harder for people trying to help you. And the site team might tell you off too.

Anyone who understands the TfL rules will read all the threads. This is a voluntary website, so you need to wait until the right person comes along, I'm afraid.

Please bear with us, you only joined a day or so ago.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

The key thing is that your wife KNEW that the Oyster card was NOT HERS and yet she proceeded to use it.

The fact is that from your posting, it seems that it is an Oyster that has been provided for the sole use of a person in need, subsidised by public money and has therefore been misused

TfL have their own prosecutors who will deal with these Summary matters by way of private prosecutions and cases are usually only taken over by CPS if there is a compelling reason to do so by way of a serious crime, or important public interest features.

As explained by others and on other threads, I suggest that your wife must reply promptly with sincere apology and ask if she can avoid Court action by making full payment of all fares and administration costs incurred by TfL.

They are not obliged to accept and in my experience do consider misuse of such Oysters as a serious breach of trust.

Conditions of carriage do prohibit the use of a *registered* card that isn't yours. Sounds like a card with New Deal loaded on it. I'd have thought that misuse of these ranks with Freedom/Zip card abuse. In which case I don't think there's much room for manoeuver in terms of negotiating with TfL.

I'm a london bus driver.

When someone touches in with a new deal oyster I always ask to see the photo ID that MUST acompany the oyster card, it's amazing how many step off the bus when I ask!!

For those of you that use oyster on a bus, when you touch in there is a screen on top of the wayfarer(oyster machine) that shows you if you have touched in correctly, your oyster will only beep once if you have touched in correctley.

I see loads of people everyday who try anything to get on the bus free, one of the regular scams is showing an out of date pass, and when caught, they immediatly touch in an oyster card.