style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5856 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i guess if the police are investigating it might be wise to seek legal advice from a lawyer on that aspect

as for the work aspect as a ex JS employeed myself i take this that your a branch employee rather than a head office or depot bod. If your in USDAW then you can contact them and they can advise you and also come into the hearing with you. I'm sure your also entitled to take another member of staff or union rep into the hearing with you. I guess at the investigation hearing they will try and produce some sort of evidence like CCTV or till reciepts from the alledged staff discount misuse

I wouldnt advise not to turn up or call in sick as they could view this negatively. Same as if you just quit and get another job there could be a problem if they ask JS for a reference because although they cant give you a negative reference they can refuse to give you one

Have you been cautioned by the Police? How long have you worked there? Have you been given the right to be accompanied at the hearing? Is the evidence against you 'conclusive'?

Having got to this stage it is unlikely that you will be any better off by just going sick or telling them to stick the job. An allegation of theft from employer is likely to follow you around like a bad dose for many years to come. If the employer has good reason to believe that the charges are warranted then they can dismiss you with 'reasonable cause', so the 'no comment' line will only serve to justify their suspicion, but you may be helped should the Police decide that there is no case to answer.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!