PCN - Parking on Single Yellow Lines

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5855 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I received a PCN yesterday from Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council for 'Parking in a restricted street during prescribed hours'.

I specifically checked before parking, and there were no, as far as I saw, restiction signs available in my line of vision. On coming out, I met two traffic wardens speaking to a lady in a car who was parked on the very same single yellow line that I was parked on. There were two other cars parked on the same yellow with no PCN on them.

When I saw the ticket on my car, I appraoched the two wardens and asked why did I have a ticket, to which one replied that I was parked outside the hours, I then asked where the restriction sign was, to whihc she said on the lampost, and I had to almost break my neck looking up to see where it was. I then asked why I had a ticket and the 3 other cars did not. The car they were speaking to the lady in then drove off, and they said that the others had badges. I went and checked to see whether they had any badges and they did not - and even if they did, there were designated 'disabled' parking spaces about 25 yard down the high street.

I have tried to challenge the PCN online as the reverse of the PCN notice advises to do, however the website does not work, so I am composing a letter.

Can anyone please advise me as to my best defence option?

Thanks in advance.

Was the sign too high, or too far away? There should be limitations about how high. If it falls outside those, then the challenge is inadequate signage. Take photos if you can.

Why aren't we revolting?

Thank you Adamna, the sign was very high, however I have in the past challenged and won a PCN based on the fact that other vehicles that were parked in the immediate vicinity around my car had no ticket while mine had, so that is part of the angle I want to take.

Thank you Adamna, the sign was very high, however I have in the past challenged and won a PCN based on the fact that other vehicles that were parked in the immediate vicinity around my car had no ticket while mine had, so that is part of the angle I want to take.

If you do I predict you will lose. This is not a valid challenge. I suggest you got lucky or there were other reasons the time before.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

If you do I predict you will lose. This is not a valid challenge. I suggest you got lucky or there were other reasons the time before.

Exactly!! There are numerous reasons other vehicles may not have got tickets such as loading was observed, valid blue badge or permit. Unless you are extremely recognisable and unpleasant person its very unlikely a PA would just give you a PCN and ignore other cars on purpose I think you are getting paranoid.;)

There are numerous reasons why a PA wouldn't ticket other vehicles....

Like the same 2 daily illegally parked vans near me. I'm trying to find out why they've been getting preferential treatment for the last couple of years. Since I asked the TfL ticket man on a motorbike, they've disappeared.:o

That's a shame as I would prefer that appropriate legal parking is made available, they are attached to local shops who are struggling to survive and obviously need to park somewhere.

Why aren't we revolting?