Service faked?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5852 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guys

I Have been told by the dealer who is selling an approved used car that the car has had the first service about 6mths ago, but another dealer from the same manufacturer have said that the car has not been serviced and its service would show up on the system once they enter the reg plate.

I know the dealers are lying about the car being serviced. What can I do? Where do I stand? I want to tell them and then have them pay for the cost of the service now ( as it is due it now) and then also the cost of a new service book (£25!! lol) as the current is clearly faked with a stamp!

How can I prove they are lying?

Thanks peeps:)

Hiya I not 100% but could you not ask the dealer to print off the service sheet from their system and maybe that will tell you :confused:

Just a thought I would be careful getting a new service book mind as if you should come to sell the car people like to see the original service book with all its stamps from the beginning.

Maybe someone else could shed more light for you.

Good luck.

NS :)

:(:confused:Confused, sad,bewildered,befuddled,bemused,disorientated,lonley until I came here, moving forward to :smile::lol: ,trying not to let them drag me down.:cool:

What if they are not lying, what if the original servicing dealer did not enter the service on the maufacturesr database, there is no requirement to do this and it happens all the time.

Be careful about accusing anyone of faking a service stamp.................

Get the name of the servicing dealer and ring then up to confirm the details and the mileage

Make sure you want the car, if you came into my establishment with your unfoundered accusations I wouldn't sell you a stop lamp bulb.

Hammy

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

This is the first stamp, so it is supposedly the first service on the car.

I have already bought the car.

The thing that makes me know something is dodgy is that the service was apparently done last year in September at 100 miles ago. So they said the car has been going round the dealership for the last 6 mths for a buyer. The car is great. Clean. Good spec everything. So i do not see why it was not bought. Also apparently there has been a lot fo interest recently after I palced the deposit and before I went to go buy it.......... However please see my post on the stocking plan finance. It is a lie. I know it, i have a very strong feeling.

It can tell you if the car has been in an accident which involved an insurance claim or if it was written off and rebuilt, if it was a repossesion and maybe the mileage if the previous owner declared it.