To let sleeping dogs lye?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5856 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I just obtained a copy of my credit file and there is a £10,200 default from Marbles / HFC bank dated Oct 2006.

Now, back in 2006 I dealt with all my creditors, wrote to them all etc telling them I was skint but it was before I knew about s78 etc.

For some reason, I have never had a single letter from these guys and my post was forwarded for a year even though I gave everyone my new address.

I just don't know why I haven't heard from them. I have never CCA'd them but then I would rather not have the default.

Part of me wants to CCA them (the account was opened 2002) and part of me says let it lie.

The let it lie part is winning as I can always CCA them if they decide to come after me. On the other hand the debt will be statute barred in 4.5 years... (reminds me to check I am not paying them £1 a month by SO).

Whats your views?

Just realised I am paying them £1 a month by SO so 6 years hasn't even started :-(

Have they been causing you problems? if not, why do you want to CCA them if they're happy to accept the token payment?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Ok, I will stick with £1 for now and see how it goes. When they start demanding payment in full (and they will I am sure!) I will exercise my rights.

That's the point to do it, IMO - if they are going to play fairly, play fairly with them.

If they start playing games ... nail their nuts to the wall.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Bear in mind that, should you ever miss a payment (if you are in fact paying them a monthly quid), and they default you, that will be reflected on your credit file, and you'll have the 6 years of hell to start all over again.

Also, if you ARE paying them a quid a month, the debt WON'T be statute barred in 6 years. It will be statute barred 6 years AFTER you last make a payment.

And at some stage, they are going to want this off their books anyway. So will sell your debt (and your soul quite probably) to the likes of Cabot Financial. Who WON'T be too happy with a quid a month for life.

The longer you keep paying the quid the more likely it is that your original agreement will be lost. 12 quid a year is worth it for a stress free life and after all you cannot be accused of DEBT AVOIDANCE.

The 1st phone call from the likes of CABOT or Lowells would cause you more than 12 quids worth of stress