Told im going to be dismissed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today i was told im going to be dismissed by my manager and his reason he said was im unfit for purpose.

I work as a delivery driver and last year i was off sick for a few months with a back injury & sciatica which was caused by my work.

On returning to work i was given a new round and had no problems at all.

I now have a new manager who has put me back on the old round which is nothing but heavy lifting and not much driving.

i again explained about previously being off sick with the back problem and it being due to doing this round which is when he told me he will be getting rid of me.

Can he legaly do this and if he did, do i have a case against the company.

I am currently doing my work with no problems and think this a bit unfair.

Hi there, firstly - how long have you worked for the company?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

OK, well your manager has made a very big mistake. There is a statutory process which has to be followed before anyone can be dismissed. When you returned to work after your back problem you were obviously given an easier job because of your problem. What was your manager's reason for changing your round?

Are you in a union?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I was training a new driver on the old round and he lasted a week and didn't come back to work. They were supposed to employ someone else to train up on the round but the manager decided i will have to do it from now on.

Thanks for you replies. shane