Gone over the overdraft limit - massive charge! Please help!

Clare1981
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there!!

I'm abit of an old timer from the boards! Claimed £5000 from HSBC a couple of years ago, a huge success!!

Anyway, we are back... huge overdraft and have had a difficult month or two with a new baby arriving and other things. We have gone over our overdraft limit a few times, not by alot but enough to be charged obviously!

Really worked hard to stay within the limit this month and had succeeded! Until I notice a huge charge of £155 on my statement yesterday taking me over my overdraft limit!! :( :(

What can I do?? Do I still have the right to ask for it back??

TIA xxxxx

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

Hiya Tia,

Nice to see you back.

Yes you can still reclaim them. ;)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thank you! So where do I start? What are Lloyds like at giving you back YOUR money?

Clare xx (TIA stands for 'Thanks in advance!' Sorry!! xx)

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

My mother claimed back over £500 this was paid within 20 days of making the complaint.

then a few days after they refunded the fees

they start all over again. Overdraft fees making the account go over the limit so more charges can be applied.

You can not trust any banks now days, Best to keep cash in the house in a secure safe. It be in safer hands.

I had the same problem

but with another bank, a cheque for £15.00 got returned unpaid, so they charged me £29.50 which put the account £29.50 overdrawen due to there fee.

They sent me a letter and charged me £19 for that, and i took court action, and advised i will not be using the account anymore, so in the end a returned cheque of £15.00 has cost over £100.00

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The reason you got such big charges with lloyds is they charge you differently to other banks i have encountered

For example, they charge you 6 a day if you are 1p-14.99 over your overdraft limit, obviously the more over you are the higher the daily charge goes.

And you are charges a 15 monthly fee, as well as those daily fees

This is taken direct from their website

Monthly fee

£15

You will pay this fee if you have an Unplanned Overdraft at any time during your monthly billing period (even if your next monthly billing period is only a few days away).

We will charge you a maximum of one monthly fee in a monthly billing period.

Daily fee

Unplanned Overdraft balance is:

Less than £25 - £6 a day

£25 to £100 - £15 a day

More than £100 - £20 a day

You will pay a daily fee for using an Unplanned Overdraft. The amount of the fee will be worked out at the end of each day (including weekends and bank holidays) on the balance of your Unplanned Overdraft.

We will charge you a maximum of 10 daily fees in a monthly billing

Takes the preverbial i know,but thats why the charges are so big. Never encountered a charge that big before mind, and i am on the whole happy with lloyds, i moved to them from barclays, and am glad that i did:)