Robinson Way / Horwich Farrelly

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone!

Before christmas i received various debt collection letters for several debts which i acknowledged were mine. Seems simple.

After writing to each company and making payment agreements, i did as promised and have cleared most of the Accounts.

Now, I have one outstanding account.

One which i think i have been duped with is with the above company. After ignoring many a letter and phone call from them i decided to sort it out and agreed a repayment plan.

After a couple of months paying the promised amount i reached a substantial amount which would be easy to pay in one go. I was advised a settlement is available and i was told that 25% would be removed if i paid half now and half next month. Good Deal!

After paying the first payment, the time came again to pay the remaining. Until the drone on the other end said that the account had been requested back to the intial creditor. EH HANG ON!

They wouldnt accept the final payment. Surprise surprise the creditor was paypal and i was told to contact them.

So off i went, trying every number possible for them and after an hour of automatic menus i reached an irish woman. She couldnt find my account. And when i asked how would i pay the remaining balance, she told me i would have to get a bankers draft and post to irelend bla bla bla. No thankyou.

I decided to ring RW back and plead with them to accept my payment. at last the gentlemen on the other side said they would accept it and pass it on. UH OH I DONT BELIEVE YOU. So i asked them to confirm the account was settled and confirm payment had been received.

This was 18 days ago and i am very concerned. I want to try and write to them and ask for a settled account confirmation but i fear they have robbed me.

Does anyone have any ideas in what to put in a letter etc? Do you think they are enjoying a round of drinks at my expense?

Thanks for taking the time to read this dull speech.

I take it you have proof of payment?

They cannot just take the money and not take it off your acount. Do you have the F&F in writing?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Ahh, no this is what im waiting for, I got a letter with the offer, but i am still waiting for the all important Account Settled Document