• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Balck Horse, Welcome Finance and Ge Money, Lloyds TSB CC PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5695 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Just wanted to share my PPi Claims with you all.

I sent of PPi claims to GE Money, Welcome Finance, and Black Horse.

GE Money was store card, Welcome was a secured loan, Black Horse was for a unsecured loan.

Got standard letters back of all three, GE and Black Horse rejected my claims, i am stating misselling and also a pre exsiting medical condition.

Welcome with whom i had 2 loans with paid out on one after first letter just over a grand, but rejected the second, im confused as they are both on the same terms, they have all asked for documentary evidence, i assume that they mean proof of the medical condition, i have asked my wifes GP for a letter confiming this and am awaiting this document to send off to them.

Aftyer looking through statements i noticed that an old Lloyds TSB credit card now paid off, had PPI to sum of £40 per month, i did not even know i had any so a letter has gone off to them today.

Any thoughts or advice would be most welcome.

ps can anyone correct the spelling mistake in my title?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi to all who are interested

Got the doctors letter today so sent it off with another carefully worded set of letters.

I quite enjoyed writing them!

Will keep you all updated i am very confident

Hi

Just a question to anyone in the know really

IN GE Moneys reply to me they stated that because the store card that my wife had was taken out in 1998 that the FSA fine they recieved only relates to PPI soldafter 2005 when the FSAs ICOB regulations came into force is this true? anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

A question to those who know,do i have a good case of mis-selling due to a pre-exsisting medical condition on all the above the medical condition is epilepsy not only does this not cover the medical part of the PPi but also the unemployment as my wife would lose her car licence and would have to quit her job as she could not possibly travel to work as it (a) a 70 mile round trip with no buses or trains stopping within 20 miles of her workplace so it would be unecomincal to do so to get a train or bus and then a taxi would cost her more than she earns.

Any help please!

Hi Adamski,

I'm affriad I can't help much as I don't know enough. I believe GE money are correct but you can still take them to court to refund your money.

The medical condition should give you a good claim for mis-selling especially if she wasn't asked about it when the policy was sold to her!

Hopefully someone wiser will pop along to give you more advice :)

She was never asked by Black Horse as she was not present they only asked if she had suffered from a medical condition in the last 24 months before the loan i told them yes but they still sold us the policy, GE never asked and have no documentation to prove otherwise.

That article says it all really!

I don't know whether you have to supply a letter from the doctor but would think if you took the matter to court you would need proof of her illness so it is probably worth getting one from your doctor if you can as it can only make your case stronger anyway?

Hopefully someone better versed in these matters will be along soon to offer some advice!

Thanks for the reply i already have the doctors letter and have sent to all the above stating that the vast majority of the PPi was completely invalid, some of the above never asked and some did but still sold the policy to me, i wish someone would come along and give me some more advice, I think tonight i will read all i can to prepare myself for court action.

I have last week discovered that we were sold PPi on a First National loan AKA GE Money on loans totaling £65000 all of which has been paid in full my wife and I knew nothing about this until last week when we were told the policy had ended I am now starting to realise why we are so in debt.

I have sent of a letter requesting a refund including doctors proof of illness letter.

Any advice on how i can pursue this with more clout on the legal side would be most welcome.

GOOD NEWS!!!!!

Got a letter from GE today saying they are refunding alll my wifes preimums plus 8% from 1998 becuase of her pre exsisting illness the account cover should never have been sold to us! so we have to pay back some to them as we owe them some money but a cheques is on the way!!!

Yeehaaaaaaa!!!!

I am so pleased with myself

Yes they admit to mis-selling!!! due to pre exsisting illness i have another claim with them for a loan for £65,000 which has been paid in full so i expect more results soon, thanks for your interest and support Sparklez 30

All the best

A happy adamski

• Haha 1

Happy to hear this news Adamski! It looks as if the other policy with GE might be settled in a similar way, if so, thats great.

Sorry could not respond sooner Adamski, but other issues got in the way.

The following threads, which are outlined above, have plenty of information and templates which will take you through the process. Although, presumably if you have got this far, you have a good grasp of the issues:

FSA update on payment protection insurance (PPI)

help with PPI & Welcome

PPI - Some Notes for Claimants..

It is also good that they are adding 8%, that is obviously in recognition of mis selling, chances are this might happen to the other policy. However, was it a lump sum policy sold at the begining of the loan. If so, the 8% might not be worth as much as it first seems. When the policy was sold, it would have been added to the loan amount, with their interest added on top. That is a substantial amount. In adition to that, you have not had access or the use of your cash, which they have now admitted was mis sold. You could consider settling for a higher rate of interest on the refund ie at the rate of interest whih they had charged you on the loan, at whatever rate that was. Now is probably an ideal time to negotiate this, with the option of FOS as a fall back. However, the decision is yours and it depends on your individual circumstances.

Re the other policy, if things are more problematic, you have the option of the FOS, once you have gone through their complaints process. Approx 4 out of 5 legitimate claims are settled through intervention by the FOS.

What amount are they repaying?

Glad to hear your news and very well done!

Regards, Kenny:)

Thanks for your reply Kenny, yes i have things in hand i have previous experience from being a original bank charge pioneer!!! you may well have noticed.

So are you talking about contractual interest?

I will outline the amount from the letter i received i have no paranoia about GE reading threads it has no standing in court so i am willing to share ther details with you.

They have ben changed slightly just in case but only by a few pounds!

Premiums - £113.83

Interest - £ 117.43

Loss of Cash Payment - £128.43

Totals - £359.69

SO they have not only refunded the 8% but also a loss of cash premium!!

Your thoughts would be appreciated!

that,s good news adamski, always worth digging a bit deeper though ge would have charged interest on the ppi, as they would like you to know it as ppi ,but this would be an additional loan taken out to pay the underwriter .worth a look :)