littlewoods/cabot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5717 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

greetings all,this is my first thread so bear with me. on 13th march i sent via email a request to cabot for copy of agreement they are chasing me for from littlewoods/barclcard under consumer credit act 1974(sections77-79) on same day i got a reply informing me of receipt of my request, they classed it as low importance. on 29th march got official reply, although cabot has requested the information, the original lender is experiencing a delay in retrieving the information from its archives. we will send the information to you as soon as we receive it. after the required 12+2 days from begining i sent cabot a second letter dated 5th april also by email. on 7th april i got email from them saying we confirm that all the information for your cca request was received on april 4th 2008. this is being posted to you today by first class. said paperwork received on 8th april 2008.

after seeing the paperwork i was shocked to find that it is unreadable, small print and looks like a copy from a copy of acopy. i would appreciate some help on how to go about dealing with this problem. i will attach the copys i have for your inspection and advice.:mad: thanks

cabot.doc

andrewman.. is that it ?.. just the one page ?

Check out this link... pt2537 has had a long running battle with Littlewoods.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/93571-pt2537s-cca-request-against.html

and yes.. as nicsussex has advised.. whip out the account number and anything that identifies you from that APPLICATION form:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi as the post above say pt2537 has had a long running battle with Littlewoods. You will find loads of threads regarding Littlewoods their favourite trick is to send you a blank agreement with your name and address hand printed on it and say this is your agreement. They did this with my wife but made a minor mistake they put our current address not the address we were at when account opened. As with PT2537 Littlewoods sent the we will not pursue and I have gone the Financial Ombudsman service route to get two defaults removed.

all the best dpick:)

i will remove pages and try and cover details which may identify myself. i can not edit online, tried before but would not work in open office, will try copy to note pad try again,repost and add all documents received from cabot.:confused:

alternatively you could use photobucket :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The so called agreement does not appear to satisfy the requirements of the CCA 1974. Cabot, you really must do your homework before buying this sort of nonsense. How can you expect to make a profit if you keep on buying unenforcable accounts?

Silly, silly people.

here we go my second post of so called CCA documents from cabot debt collectors. blocked out as much identifying details as possible. This attachment will be 9 pages long hope they all come out,if not hope the important ones do. cheers. if this fails then i give up trying, it is becoming stressful trying to fix problems.

cabot 2.doc

andrewman, from what I can see in the first link in post #1 this is an application form without any of the information you are supposed to have. From the 2nd link it seems as though this is just a statement, no Terms and conditions and a letter that is asking you to contact them.

I would wait until someone with more experience of these documents comes along to help you. :)

BCOBS

Awww, bless. They do try, don't they. The "agreement" is unenforcable, they appear to confirm that they ARE obliged to comply with the CCA, and they send you copies of templates of the kind of letter that MIGHT have been sent. The info they supply confirms that there is an element of PENALTY interest.

I'd say your next step would be to invite them to take you to court, if they think they're hard enough. ;)

thanks for the replys much appreciated. i tried to read the details using a magnifying glass, all that did was send my eyes funny. I think i will take all documents including my initial request for CCA to trading standrds on monday,i will have more time to do this then. Maybe trading standards can scrutinise the documents,and make a comment,which would be enforcable.:cool:

thanks for the replys much appreciated. i tried to read the details using a magnifying glass, all that did was send my eyes funny. I think i will take all documents including my initial request for CCA to trading standrds on monday,i will have more time to do this then. Maybe trading standards can scrutinise the documents,and make a comment,which would be enforcable.:cool:

This sounds like a good plan andrewman x

BCOBS

• 4 months later...

is there an update on this please?:)

BCOBS

Forgot all about this. I have so many debts with different companies,all going to debt collectors,that littlewoods/cabot, are at bottom of my pile, due to be smallest.

I have a payment card for cabot,paying them £1.00 month. due to unemployment, and seriousley in debt. Waste of time trying to chase up paperwork,at end of day, they could say they have provided copies of originals,and court may agree,even though my copies are not legible. I am looking at Bankcruptcy due to all my debts being over 5 figures in total. I am awaiting funds or hope creditors will take me to court.:confused:

Sorry to hear this andrew :(

BCOBS