Obtaining your £2 statutory credit report

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I couldn't find a post with this info in, so placing it here. If I've missed the original post I apologise, if there isn't a post with the info below would the admins like to consider making it a sticky after removing this para?

There are three different credit reference agencies in the UK and each holds independent information on you. When applying for finance or credit you have no way of knowing which of these three is being used and so just checking one may be of no help if one of the others has inaccurate information.

How do you overcome this problem? You request your statutory credit report for just £2 from each of them. Note that each of these is specific to you. If you have a partner then that's a different report and your partner will need to apply separately.

The information below is correct at 10 April 2008 but like all websites, subject to change.

Online Credit Reports and Credit Reporting from a Leading Credit Agency: Equifax

Not the easiest site to get the details from. Go to the home page. In the 'Your Personal Credit Information' section are three services they supply. Click on any of the 'Learn More' buttons in this section. Each will take you to a new page and at the bottom of the right hand column is a link to getting your statutory credit report for £2. Follow the link and download the .pdf file.

Credit Reports: Get your Credit Report from Experian UK

Go to the home page. On the section called 'Consumer Advice', click on the top item 'Order Your £2 Credit Report' and follow the link.

http://www.callcredit.co.uk/download/creditfileapp.pdf

Now that was easy!

• 1 month later...

You can get your Call Credit Report free from the Annual Credit Check by clicking on to the link to Annual Credit Report on the Identity Theft protection, ID fraud prevention tips, Impersonation fraud assistance home page and a donation will be made to charity.

The good thing is you don't have to enter any card details whatsoever.

Doing it online or using their application forms and they ask too much info, they want to add more info about you on their database.

I got mine with a simple letter....

Dear Sir/Madam

RE: credit-repor/t

Name: Me

Address: My House, My Street etc.

DOB: 01/01/1900

Please send me my credit-repor/t and I have enclosed the £2 fee.

Yours Sincerely

Me.

/ = disables forum link parsing

First to fly the Airbus A380

...of course, it should have been "Yours faithfully"....;-)

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

• 4 years later...