Can some one give me some advice re phone call please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello, I'm in need of some advice but i'm not sure i'v put this in the right place, so i'm sorry if it's going to sound a bit muddled.

Ok, I'v got debt of about £15,000 mostly on credit cards. I had to have time off work and then my mum died but I did get back to work for 6 months but then out of nowhere i had a breakdown, sorry i'm rambling, back to point. anyway i'v now been off work for about a year and a half, it don't seem that long, not sure were the time when it just did, i'm just starting to think again, I'v not opened letters or anything really for so long, I know people have rung me but they seemed so far away nothing registered and even now I know I should be panicing about all this debt but I don't feel anything. but i start to open some letters and some i just got where going on about taking me to court even now i'v not read them all through, anyway the cousellor from the hospital got me an appointment with cab this week i don't think i was much help to them but they were very nice and have filled in forms for me for some benifits, i'm getting incapacity at the moment and i showed her the letters and she said not to worry and that i won't go to prison shes made another appointment for next week and she said she'd got throught them and sort out a debt plan and she'd talk to everyone for me. Tonight some one rang up and spoke to my dad who knew nothing of this and said they were ringing about my credit cards, it's nothing to do with him can they do this should i ring Cab up again i'm not sure what to do if they ring again before I see them.

some dca's/credit cards co's will resort to some pretty lowlife methods to get what they want....your money. however if you have not contacted them or told them what has been going on, then you cannot be blameless for some of their actions.

now without getting too complicated, my best advice to you is this:

[if you have not already done so...which you should of done at the start.]....

write to every creditor, explain your situation and it's history and when it first began. i would also investigate what debts have PPI with them, your particular case should be covered and it might transpire your indebtedness to those with PPI will be vastly reduced and poss be backdated by the policy. include this is the letters of those that you have PPI with and request it is invoked & how far back they are prepared to cover your missed payments.

if you get some joy with anyone on PPI, i would then request that they refund any charges for that period they have made, as, they will no longer be justified as they have [now made] the backdated missed payments.

HTH

keep us informed.i'm suprised CAB has not investigated this route & it might well be worth while mentioning this to them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thank you dx for your reply, could you tell me what ppi is please and I know your right and it's all my fault and I know I should be panicing but i'm not I'm just empty and that actully scares me far more then anything else

hi hope im in rite section new to all this i myself am looking for some advice havin lot of trouble wit cabot so if anyone could please help id b so thankful