Judge rules against private firm!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5853 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A County Court Judge has dismissed a case brought by Excel Parking for a charge imposed for overstaying in a retail park car park.

Victoria Hetherington was fined £100 by Excel for exceeding the 2 hour time limit but along with another 100 drivers refused to pay the fine, believing it to be unlawful.

The solicitor acting for Ms Hetherinton argued that the signs in the car park listed things that you could be fined for but this list didn't include exceeding the 2 hour time limit.

The Judge agreed but more importantly found that the charge of £100 was a penalty charge and therefore unenforceable, noting that Excel had conned people into thinking they had parked illegally which was simply not true.

Hope this is of some help to you.

I was only trying to help. Work rang me today and said don't come in, do Sunday instead so I had to find something to do and old newspapers were it. Sorry;)

dont be sorry, give it another week and post this again just to reminds us all we are dealing with crooks !!!icon10.gif