hello consumer forum

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5819 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello and Welcome, ekmollie.

My cars a bit like that in the morning :p

What would you like help with.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hiya ekmollie and welcome to cag

It can be very daunting when you first arrive, spend some time looking around the

different forums and read as much as possible here are some links to get you started,

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....se-read-these/

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....s-please-read/

When you are ready to ask any questions just shout there is always

someone around.:D

Tilly

Scott it helps if you put the keys in the ignition :p

hello, can anybody help me. I had a hire purchase agreement with Black Horse which has now been paid in full, however i have just discovered that while that agreement was active Black Horse managed to mix my details with someone else and then confirm this other person name as my alais. This other person has some serious debts and it appears from my credit report that every bank is owed money from him, all in arrears. This has destroyed my credit score to the point that i cannot even get a bank account.

Black Horse confirmed that they are responsable in writing and have offered me £250.00 compensation. Is this fair? Hoiw long will it take to restore my credit score? Experian have cleaned up my report but this name has now started to reappear in linked addresses & financial associates from other companies who have had access to this wrong information. How can i stop this?

Hi Ekmollie :)

In order for us to be able to help you further, could you tell us how long the term was for the Hire Purchase Agreement ?

As Black Horse have admitted in writing that they are responsible for this mix-up and it has seriously affected your credit rating and your ability to obtain a bank account, then personally, I would expect far more than £250 compensation from them for the distress and embarassment this has caused you.

If Experian have amended your credit file accordingly and are obviously aware of the situation, then I think you need to contact them once again and explain the problem with the linked addresses. As far as I'm aware, they should put a note against any wrongly entered data on your credit file to indicate the confusion caused by Black Horse's error. Either that, or they should completely remove the links to the other person. I'm sure a 'phone call to them will provide you with the answer you're looking for.

Bo :-)

Thanks for the response, the HP aggreement was for 1 year interest free loan which i paid 1 month before the aggreement was to start been charged interest. It was within this 11 months that they mixed my details.

Experian have removed all the incorrect information once and say that the link has been broken however this incorrect information has started to re-appear and they are investigating. My problem is my credit score will not start to improve for 6 months when the searches start to expire. So what can i do to get a fair compensation out of the Black Horse?

I think either a claim for all damages, anxiety and distress caused by Lloyds, under the Data Protection Act, or a complaint to the Financial Services Ombudsman, who also has the power to award compensation.

A complaint to the Information Commissioners Office would be a good start.

Will have a think and get back to you.

£250 wouldnt even start to cover it. DO NOT accept this insulting offer.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...