• Tweets

• Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Foster Carers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5809 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here Here Coniff

I posted to this thread several PAGES ago I cannot beleive that this thread can continue in the same selfish vein, but while it does the OP is gonna get alot of flack.

Still if they can take it !!

BB

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody refers to foster carers as 'foster parents' anymore)

i just gave you a link that doe`s

**Yawn** Ok, no-one in the UK who has any knowledge of or is professionally involved with fostering refers to foster carers as 'foster parents' when refering to them in an official capacity. :rolleyes:

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

The BAAF says

"What do children and young people want?

Fostering to provide a 'normal' life.

To belong in the foster family, to be loved listened to and encouraged

What do children and young people resent

Resent feeling that carers are only doing it for the money"

Oh dear!

The BAAF says

"What do children and young people want?

Fostering to provide a 'normal' life.

To belong in the foster family, to be loved listened to and encouraged

What do children and young people resent

Resent feeling that carers are only doing it for the money"

Oh dear!

I don't understand...:confused:

Are you suggesting that because Phatram feels undervalued at work it must mean she's only in it for the money? That's ridiculous.

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

That is not what my post or the BAAF says, it says 'feeling'.

And that is exactly what I am getting from this whole thread.

I don't think Phatram has implied anywhere that she has ever let her frustrations

be known to any children she is caring for.

You have to remember that there is a very high (some would say unrealistic) expectation of what the carer will provide for the children. As has been stated, most of the money a carer gets is for maintenance of the child, and along with that comes a pretty lengthy list of things the child is expected to have.

Perhaps its time to stop feeding the trolls?

I had hoped for some constructive comments, but alas the people with hidden agendas have reared their heads once again.

Thanks to those of you who have posted with serious comments.

Sf, Im sorry about your predicament, but think, If you were looking after someone elses child with similar problems to your own, what would you expect to be paid?

The fostering network are pushing for many things one of which is the following,

Payments

Fostering services should distinguish clearly between allowances intended to cover the cost of fostering and payments in recognition of time, skill and work.

Fostering services should develop payment systems for foster carers that ensure fees equate with comparable employment in the children’s workforce. Professional responsibility must be matched by professional remuneration.

No doubt some of you will disagree with the above, well remember that doesn't make you right!

Simply because people don't agree with you doesn't make them trolls with hidden agendas.

Simply because people agree with you doesn't make their comments any more (or less) serious.

You are being exceedingly dismissive of anybody's opinion but your own, and avoid responding to anything which puts in question your self-created martyr image. (My post about Carer's Allowance, for instance, which unless I am very much mistaken, got completely ignored)

I feel that the reason for the negative response to your thread is totally self-inflicted. As a foster carer, most people would have been ready to admire you, support you and praise you, yet most responses you got are very negative. Instead of dismissing those responses out of hand as "trollish", why don't you ask yourself why you got such an overwhelmingly negative response? ;-)

Simply because people don't agree with you doesn't make them trolls with hidden agendas.

Simply because people agree with you doesn't make their comments any more (or less) serious.

You are being exceedingly dismissive of anybody's opinion but your own, and avoid responding to anything which puts in question your self-created martyr image. (My post about Carer's Allowance, for instance, which unless I am very much mistaken, got completely ignored)

I feel that the reason for the negative response to your thread is totally self-inflicted. As a foster carer, most people would have been ready to admire you, support you and praise you, yet most responses you got are very negative. Instead of dismissing those responses out of hand as "trollish", why don't you ask yourself why you got such an overwhelmingly negative response? ;-)

Most of the negative responses are from non foster carers,surely that says something?

By the same logic, one would expect Carer's Allowance to be a lot more than £50 a week, considering how much more someone being cared for at home by a non-professional carer would cost if they were in a home/cared for by a professional carer. Yet, that is all one gets, despite the fact that a carer is unlikely to be able to go to work, will have little or no respite, will often be on 24/7 with no relief from a second person, and will often be completely isolated from any help. Oh, and regardless how many people a carer looks after, they are only entitled to one lot of CA, not one per person cared for. And if they're on another benefit like Income Support, their CA gets taken into account. Need I go on?

Sorry for not answering this one, must have been busy.

We totally agree with your points and suggest you start a thread where you will receive our full support.

The only difference which people keep missing the point on is the fact that we look after other peoples children, our own are grown up and successful.

Looking after others peoples children is very very different, to looking after your own.

May I suggest people try to do some research into what I mean before having a go!

Sf, Im sorry about your predicament, but think, If you were looking after someone elses child with similar problems to your own, what would you expect to be paid?

It is not a predicament, it is just our life, if I could do respite care for someone with CF, I would, however, kids with CF cannot be together due to cross contamination - however, if I could what would I wish to be paid - NOTHING NADA ZILCH it would be nice to have my expenses covered but if they were not it would not stop me. The reward for me would be to help someone else.

I have worked for the CAB and dealt with some extremely harrowing and debilitating cases. Do I expect to be paid or referred to as a proffesional - NO I do it because I have the skills and the knowledge to make a difference. Before you say well you can go leave it when you finish work, you are most definately wrong. There are several posts on here on the Bailiff forum where I have posted that I have had to step away from helping people as it was too emotianlly draining.

I no longer do my volunatry work as I needed a break and that is what I have done.

SFx

The only difference which people keep missing the point on is the fact that we look after other peoples children
Now YOU are missing the point, Carer's Allowance is not necessarily claimed by a parent for their own child. It can be an adult caring for another adult (related or not), a child looking after their parent(s), the permutations are many.

We totally agree with your points and suggest you start a thread where you will receive our full support.
Therein lies the difference: I am not asking for support. I do what I do, some of us do it because we have to, some because we choose to, and we just get on with it.

I only brought it up to point out the discrepancy between situations which have a lot of similarities and yet, the financial aspects are totally disproportionate, and also maybe try to bring a little perspective.

As for research, I happen to have done a fair bit, as it was something we were looking into a few years back. The reasons we didn't are not relevant to this thread, but I can say that the reason we were looking into it in the first place was not about viewing it as a great career move.

I think I have said all I am going to say on this thread, I think it is more than obvious that nothing anyone say will make you see what we are seeing on this thread. :-(

I looked into foster caring and went on the training but for reasons outside my control I was unable to do it at that time.I very very much want to do it in the future .I want to do it because my own children are so very happy and make me so happy .I want to give another child that chance of happiness that they may not otherwise have .I have never once asked how much I would be paid .I have many friends who are foster carers and I have never even discussed what they are paid.As you say these children are in the care of the local authority so I will take it as red that legally they have to provide for them .ME I would do it just for my expenses (for common sense reasons) .I couldn't possibly even imagine bringing a child into my home and then saying ''oh I am on my annual leave next week and going to Disney with my kids but don't worry you will be carted off to another foster carer until I come back '' I would GLADLY take the child with me .

Yes some foster carers are in it for the right reasons and some are not ..I am very aware of one who is playing the system but it just can't be proved and she can give a good talk, on the very rare visits the social worker makes.I always thought that she must of been a very decent caring person to be a FC but quickly realised that even in that 'job' you get good and bad .

I fully agree with what some users have said in that you come across as me me me .

This thread actually saddens me :(

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Do you feel you are subsidising local government by having to pay out your cash to look after "their" children and young people?

We are trying to start a campaign to get a better deal for foster carers and would be grateful of any input

Mr and Mrs P

Well it is not working here is it - damn glad you dont work in PR because this would be an unmittigated disaster of a campain now would it not.

I some how think that you have not found many supporters, do you?

Vitriol, anger and aggresion and not the most persausive of tactics. Empathy, information and understanding of others points of view are.

In all of the hundreds of posts on this thread you have not appreciated the opportunity to debate but merely belittle or name call other posters, and for that matter your charges.

In all the 12 years of posting on the internet I have never ever seen someone tell a Moderator to start their own thread, I was shocked.

I for one am now bored with your self centred attitude and will no longer post in the hope that this thread gets lost within the annals of the CAG database.

In the words of my locquacious daughter "Get over it!"

SF

Blue4ever, the above is not what Phatram was saying about his fostering experience, he was quoting what *I* was saying about Carer's Allowance.

Phatram detailed his package right at the beginning of the thread. ;-)

I looked into foster caring and went on the training but for reasons outside my control I was unable to do it at that time.I very very much want to do it in the future .I want to do it because my own children are so very happy and make me so happy .I want to give another child that chance of happiness that they may not otherwise have .I have never once asked how much I would be paid .I have many friends who are foster carers and I have never even discussed what they are paid.

Now that is a posting that would get everyone willing to help, here is someone who would obviously put the children first, it just oodles with love.

If you had begun this thread in a similar fashion, I doubt very much if any of the other posters would have taken the line they have.

I hope you get your wish Janet and the deserving children get you.

There is no feeling in your posts at all Phatram and you are still making it hard for yourself with things like:

look after other peoples children

That should say 'looking after these unfortunate children'.

You are still focused soley on the money and are still making comments about it, and trying to get sf to back you up, hoping she feels the same way:

If you were looking after someone elses child with similar problems to your own, what would you expect to be paid?

tut tut.

O M G :mad:

I have just read the whole of this thread, and I find the OP's opinions very disturbing.

Foster Care is just that - CARING. Making the life of a child in unfortunate circumstances a little bit better. You cannot put a price on that.

I have a friend whose parents fostered for years - the children are all grown up and have their own lives now, but still talk about, and keep in contact with their "brothers and sisters" - that's how it was, just one big family.

Money was never an issue, well, actually I should say MORE money was never an issue - what they had was used wisely so that all the children, natural and fostered, were fed and clothed and wanted for little.

Of course that was in the days before designer labels, ipods, mobile phones etc, but also before tax credits and other benefits - those children grew up feeling loved and cared for, and deprived of nothing.

Isn't the issue more about giving these children a stable loving environment where they feel safe and wanted, than about giving them the latest gadgets and branded clothes? Safe, stable, loved and cared for costs nothing.

On another point the OP states that he/she (I got confused on that one) files a self-assessment as a self-employed person, but wants holiday pay, sick pay and pension credits. Well, my OH is self-employed, as are 30-40 other people I know, and as a Tax advisor also, those "perks" do NOT exist under self-employment - if you are off sick, you are not working, therefore you are not paid; the same goes for holidays, and as you are not working for an employer, your pension is your own responsibility.

I understand that to foster takes a special type of person, however I feel sick to my stomach at the thought of people becoming foster carers through profit, and not the core reason of giving these children a better life, regardless.

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

This months edition of FOSTER care magazine has some very interesting reading in it.

If any of you can get hold of a copy, you may understand a little more what we are campaigning for.

It is available for £3.

When you've read it, feel free to give an opinion.

I know what your campaigning for, you have said a hundred times, you're fed up with looking after 'other peoples' children and want 'more' than £700 per week to do so.

You've made it loud and clear, you're very gready.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5809 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks