Foster Carers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry, that was my wife not me. I forgot to put my Mr P in.Done it now.

Her reasons to stop doing the job were many, mainly though to help youngsters less fortunate. She was persuaded by a friend and wouldn't change a thing.

All we are after is foster carers get the same rights as every other employee in the country, if you guys don't get that, then perhaps you need a rethink, not us and our colleagues.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a quick remark after reading only the first page, now having read the majority of the posts, I have to say that this is probably the most selfish and greedy thread I have ever read.

Your on a good screw here and obviously a very poor manager, and as for 'branded goods' in the clothing, that is stupidity.

Hows about not going to the supermarket and stuffing everyone with ready meals but do some old fashioned cooking.

Any normal family will be able to live like lords on what you are getting and you want more.

I suggest you give it up and do proper work and support yourselves instead of bumming off the state.

• Haha 1

I made a quick remark after reading only the first page, now having read the majority of the posts, I have to say that this is probably the most selfish and greedy thread I have ever read.

Your on a good screw here and obviously a very poor manager, and as for 'branded goods' in the clothing, that is stupidity.

Hows about not going to the supermarket and stuffing everyone with ready meals but do some old fashioned cooking.

Any normal family will be able to live like lords on what you are getting and you want more.

I suggest you give it up and do proper work and support yourselves instead of bumming off the state.

Pathetic !!

Phatram - though I do not agree with the way that Coniff has made his point I do empathisis with it. I still do not understand how you are out of pocket for either heating or house insurance etc. What ou receive seems to be generous and covering all your extra expenses.

Most of us appreciate that we do not know the ins and outs of being a fosterer but that does not mean that we do not have a general understanding.

Both my husband and I would do our jobs for half the money that we receive but contentment and job satisfaction is very important to us.

SFx

Conniff, it IS real work, the average foster carer saves the state at least £150,000 per child, so we hardly want them to start taking your advice;)

It should be remembered that in general these kids are not (at least at the start) like your kids. they have had a very hard time, and need a lot of special care and attention.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Both my husband and I would do our jobs for half the money that we receive but contentment and job satisfaction is very important to us.

SFx

Don't say that too loudly, SFX, cause I am sure your boss would be all too willing to oblige:rolleyes:

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

My Wife & I have in the past been accepted as Foster parents, and were at the point of being offered our first child when we became pregnant through IVF with what turned out to be our beautifull twins (Now 3yrs old). My point here is that we would have fostered for very little reward because we love children and wanted them badly.

A foster parenting role is a way of life, not a "job" and any financial reward should be seen as helping to achieve that childs right of a decent way of life.

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

Conniff, it IS real work, the average foster carer saves the state at least £150,000 per child, so we hardly want them to start taking your advice;)

It should be remembered that in general these kids are not (at least at the start) like your kids. they have had a very hard time, and need a lot of special care and attention.

Sorry, but care and attention costs nothing. There is no more difficulty in raising foster children than your own children, maybe a bit more love is involved, but that should be voluntary and not have a price put on it.

People will want to be paid for donating blood next.

Sorry, but care and attention costs nothing. There is no more difficulty in raising foster children than your own children, maybe a bit more love is involved, but that should be voluntary and not have a price put on it.

People will want to be paid for donating blood next.

Are you real?

Are you so sure? If you have to do less hours at a job, or pay out for new clothes, food etc, those things all cost money. You CAN'T expect someone to take in a foster kid without these expenses being taken care of.

It's the difference between a foster kid and an adopted child... with a foster kid, the child is the responsibility and is still in the care of the state. With an adopted child, the burden is on the new parents of the child.

You bet your life I am real.

The way your puting your case is hardly endearing to others, it just smacks of greed and poor home management.

You know so much on the subject dont you ? NOT !

I have brought up a family, so I know just as much as any parent.

and receive £367 per child per week

That is your figures, if you can't bring up two children on £734 per week then you have to be doing something wrong.

How many non fostering families do you know that bring that much home, the average low paid worker don't get that in a month and they manage ok.

There is no more difficulty in raising foster children than your own children
I take it then that you've never tried to look after a heroin addicted baby? How about a child with severe Foetal Alcohol Syndrome? Or what about one who was rented out by his/her parents to pay for drugs?

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

I have brought up a family, so I know just as much as any parent.

That is your figures, if you can't bring up two children on £734 per week then you have to be doing something wrong.

How many non fostering families do you know that bring that much home, the average low paid worker don't get that in a month and they manage ok.

You just dont get it do you ?

Robert, the OP hasnt really mentioned the type of children that they foster, all they seem to carp on about is money money money, this is the reason that they really are not getting alot of sympathy.

People who foster children are, I beleive, a special breed because I dont think that I could do it, but, when all you hear about is financial reward and the lack thereof despite getting over £300 per week per child, it really does make you wonder why they are doing it.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

No one has said that is the case here, but even then, the costs are no greater.

My posts may look anti foster, but I can assure you they are not, I have great admiration for all carers in whatever field.

But the op in this thread has stormed in saying 'I want more money' and then saying they get £367 per week per child. If they had wanted sympathy, then they should have approached it in a sympathetic manner and not just come right in with 'I want more money'.

They have made it sound like a chore they would rather not be doing when it is a voluntary thing.

Perhaps they don't have what the adverts ask for when they say "Are you that special person".

Robert, the OP hasnt really mentioned the type of children that they foster, all they seem to carp on about is money money money, this is the reason that they really are not getting alot of sympathy.

People who foster children are, I beleive, a special breed because I dont think that I could do it, but, when all you hear about is financial reward and the lack thereof despite getting over £300 per week per child, it really does make you wonder why they are doing it.

Employment rights are what we are asking for, nothing more nothing less!

The OP doesn't need to specify the type of children they foster. All temporary foster carers are likely to end up with children as described above at some point or other. There are very few children indeed who come into care without some sort of problem. Nobody with any knowledge of the situation disputes that most foster carers are chronically underpaid for what they do.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

Employment rights are what we are asking for, nothing more nothing less!

That can be achieved voluntarily very simply. Every time you receive your payment, simply deduct national insurance and income tax and send it to the tax man. There, now you have employment rights like the rest of us.

Any more foster carers out there who feel exploited, unrepresented etc?

Are you struggling to make ends meet because of inadequate allowances/payments?.

Do you feel you are subsidising local government by having to pay out your cash to look after "their" children and young people?

Sorry this is your first post it does not mention equal employment rights, it also staes that you are subsidsing "their" children, you ;have been unable to demostrate how this is the case it seems that the costs of your charges are adequtely and genrously covered. There maybe a case to say the monies you recieve are not entirely generous for the job that you do but comes down as has been stated very often a choice that you made, knowing your family and its finances.

SFx

I already do that! Being self employed I complete an assessment form each year and pay class 2 NI contributions.

We are campaigning for such employment rights as sick pay, holiday pay and pension entitlement. Using this forum is an attempt to contact other Foster Carers, because we have no authority to represent us, to get together to try and be heard.

Mrs P

I pay my tax and N.I throgh my proper job !

Where I get paid hols, minimum wage etc.

Mr P.

Now, perhaps if you have nothing constructive to say perhaps it may be better to say nothing at all?

Mr P

No one has said that is the case here, but even then, the costs are no greater.

My posts may look anti foster, but I can assure you they are not, I have great admiration for all carers in whatever field.

But the op in this thread has stormed in saying 'I want more money' and then saying they get £367 per week per child. If they had wanted sympathy, then they should have approached it in a sympathetic manner and not just come right in with 'I want more money'.

They have made it sound like a chore they would rather not be doing when it is a voluntary thing.

Perhaps they don't have what the adverts ask for when they say "Are you that special person".

The first line of this post shows you have no idea what you asre talking about !

I suggest you find out the facts before you post such rubbish.

The real problem is that you have not explained how they are so much more expensive and how you are out of pocket. If you answered these people more able to empathise with you.

Many many of your posts are all " Me Me Me" and not about the best intersts of your foster children

Sfx

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks