Landlord being slow returning bond

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my bond is with the DPS and i moved outta my old house on 21st March, the landlord had asked us if we could move out a few days early because she was going away and if we did she could sort out our bond, we agreed just to be helpful, when we left we went through the inventory with the landlord and she said we can get every penny back, but she said she was going on holiday now and couldnt get online to sort the DPS for 2 weeks.

Then i get a phone call saying we have taken something from the house, and i realised that we had by mistake (This item costs about £5) so i said i would return it the next day, which i did. I asked about the bond and she said that she needed to get power of attorney first.

The next day i phoned again and she said if the item we accidently took was returned she would release the bond. That was a week ago and still no bond.

What should i do? Ive phoned the DPS who were very unhelpful.

I dont understand we shes delayng, its not like shes gaining anything.

She also said she has new tenants coming which i no for a fact is not true

• 4 weeks later...

hey,

yeah we got it all back eventually, the DPS are rubbish. I thought that it was my landlord that was messing me about, but i find out it is the DPS who drag there heels. I applied for my bond back and got it back about a month later, which, i think is disgusting. My landlord had to phone them up to complain before they did anything.

The problem with the DPS is not worryin IF your gonna get your money back its worryin WHEN your gonna get it back.