Clamping Guide

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

clamping relies on you entering in to a contract by reading a posted notice, however this is a two way street and you can post your own "contract" notices on your own property.

print and attach the following notice to your car where it can clearly be read:

Any article left on or in contact with any part of this vehicle shall be deemed to be a gift and become the property of the owner of the vehicle, by reading this notice you have entered in to a contract and by leaving articles in contact with this vehicle you have agreed to pass ownership of such articles to the owner of this vehicle.

If you do not agree with this contract: please refrain from leaving anything in contact with this vehicle.

Expert on Parking matters, Banned by MSE ! along with other parking experts on orders of the BPA !

here to SAVE you money !

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wheel clamping only "works" because they use menaces and dont let go of the rabbit, using the contract notice as a defence, use your own contract, don't let go of the rabbit .

If they want to leave a gift on your vehicle as applied by the terms of the contract entered in to that up to them.

fight fire with Fire

Expert on Parking matters, Banned by MSE ! along with other parking experts on orders of the BPA !

here to SAVE you money !

I am about to write a letter of appeal to the company and try to convince them to give me the money back.

I am 99% sure I wont probably work . But what should I include in this letter and what would be the next step.

I have red many other posts in this forum but still my situation seems somehow different.

Is the letter of complaint and appeal to the company just a waste of time or is it a necessary step before I undertake any court action ?

Thanks for Your time and answers !

Oh im all for making the lives of clampers hard...

...Im just saying that a contract that you described it lacks some of the elements required in law for a valid contract.

Im aware there are people on this thread asking for help so i wont drag it off topic getting into debates about law (as i seemingly do a lot )

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I am taking a shop keeper and the PPC to court. I can find no landowner. There is no title registered at the LRO. The local council refute the shop keepers claim that she has a contract with them.

I therefore believe the shop keeper has no rights to the land.

I assume that makes my case against the shop keeper even stronger but interested to get the views of more knowledgeable people.

• 3 months later...

I have only recently had the privilege of being on the receiving end of this legalised extortion! but i was one of the lucky ones having my pcn revoked through although i did have to suffer having my car clamped 100 miles away from my address for several weeks! all for a PCN i never even received or knew about until finding my car clamped. the punishment is wholly disproportionate to the offence, and had left me astonished as to how this sort of thing can still go on it our modern society! the only way things will change is if people make a bug fuss ---as i am very passionate about this subject i ahve decided to start a petition http://www.petitiononline.com/dbcc33/petition.html with the aim of influencing a change in legislation...so would appreciate any support with this-it only takes 2 seconds to sign. if anyone has any good ideas as to how to circulate this in a better way--please let me know!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

stickie closed

use for ref only

start your own thread if necessary

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 year later...

Wheel clamping without lawful authority will be banned in England and Wales from 1 October 2012, with anyone breaking the law facing criminal charges and a fine.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_190178

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks