Welcome Finance - Worse customer service ever and liars

KellyDJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To cut a very long story short, I have written to Welcome about 6 times regarding reducing my monthly payments as my partners employment status has changed and I'm struggling at the moment to make the full payment of £236 per month.

On the advice of the national debt helpline, I have requested that Welcome Finance only communicate to me in writing.

I've received several calls on my mobile and at work all of which I've ignored as my letters clearly state that I will only communicate in writing. I got so fed up last week that I actually called them back and had a not so nice call with my account manager. In a nutshell, the outcome of the conversation was he didn't see why I wanted to have only written confirmation and they would continue to call me. This was on Tuesday 1 April.

I have just received a letter in the post (dated 2 April) from Welcome saying that seeing as I had not replied to their previous correspondance, they were looking into taking legal action against me.

Firstly, I never received such correspondance and secondly, this was not mentioned in the telephone conversation I had with them

I have not made payment to them on a matter of principal as my letters also asked for them to cancel any PPI's I have on my account and to also send me a new account balance as I want to check the amount they reckon I own. So far nothing!!!!

Furthermore, I will be going on SMP from August so my income will be dramatically reduced so just wondering really if anyone had any advice of what to do if they do take legal action against me and what payments terms I can come to if I know I'm going to be on SMP shortly.

Thanks

Hi KellyDJ :)

Firstly, try sending a harassment by phone letter to Welcome, template here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html

Secondly, have you sent a CCA request to Welcome to find out if all the account paperwork is in order? You can find a template for that here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html Letter N and don't sign your name, print it and remember to enclose a £1 postal order.

My hubby had an old account with them for car finance and when I questioned them, they couldn't produce the agreement and confirmed that they would no longer pursue payments on the account.

The CCA request also requires them to send you copies of statements of your account, this will allow you to see how much they've been adding in excessive charges.

Finally, sending a CCA request puts your account in dispute so, in theory, they aren't allowed to start any recovery action until they have fulfilled the request in full.

Good luck.

Mr & Mrs Ananya's story so far -

Welcome Finance - account closed - no CCA - 02/07 - £1500

NatWest - settled in full 09/06 - £600

NatWest - settled in full 06/07 - £72

Verso - Settled in full 07/08 - £2002

C.K. Edrupt/Provident - account closed - no CCA - 04/07 - £640

Littlewoods/Shop Direct - 2 accounts closed - Statute Barred - 04/10 - £800

D.C.A.s who've given up so far -10