Claims over £5,000

Ant84
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have a claim for nearly £15,000 on our business account, but my dad doesn't want to break it down into smaller claims of £5,000 or less, he wants to go for it all immediately.

What sort of costs would we be looking at to initiate a claim, and what sort of costs would we be liable for in the unlikely event that we lose in court? Also, is there a difference in timescale and procedure in this case as opposed to a claim through the Small Claims Court?

Thanks.

If you went to court and lost I would think the banks costs would run to several thousand at the very least.

Bank of Scotland: Claiming £699.47, SETTLED IN FULL at moneyclaim stage

Sisters NatWest - Claiming £1056 - SETTLED at AQ stage

Natwest CC - Claiming £804, SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

GF Natwest - claiming £749.33, moneyclaim filed - SETTLED IN FULL 04/08

MBNA: Claiming £150 - SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

HSBC: £1014 - SETTLED at LBA stage + pending charges removed

Sisters HSBC - £300 - SETTLED IN FULL at prelim stage

Yorkshire bank - claiming £496.68 - SETTLED IN FULL at court date stage.

Capital One - claiming £605.54 -SETTLED IN FULL

DON'T FORGET TO DONATE!

In a similar position myself but have just seen:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/5584-janeyb-lloyds-massive-settlement.html?highlight=loan&

I think that the banks will be very unilkey to go to court as they will have to divulge all information the charges. I would think it is in their best interest to settle before it reaches court.

I am seriously considering going for the whole amount. This is purely just my perception.

• 2 weeks later...
In a similar position myself but have just seen:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/5584-janeyb-lloyds-massive-settlement.html?highlight=loan&

I think that the banks will be very unilkey to go to court as they will have to divulge all information the charges. I would think it is in their best interest to settle before it reaches court.

I am seriously considering going for the whole amount. This is purely just my perception.

Sorry, only just spotted the reply to this. How are you getting on with your claim now, Ted? Just read through your thread and what RBS are doing is horrible. Best of luck with your claim.