style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lizzie sounds like we are talking about the same council.

I do not believe they are allowed to hang on to my money, and even if its just a paper exercise i'm going to demand it back. with interest if I can.

Anyway, I'm going to ring the NDL and see what they say.

And I'm going to make an official complaint about lady muck at the council.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not believe they are allowed to hang on to my money, and even if its just a paper exercise i'm going to demand it back. with interest if I can.

They aren't if you can show they illegaly took it, so you can either use a sharp letter with the threat of a form 4 complaint.

Or, just work out what they owe you and put a claim through the small claims court.

You'll get your money, I betcha!:D

• 1 month later...

The next strange.

Recently received a letter for Newlyns. The Bailiff who supposedly called on the two dates in question no longer works there and although newlyn state he would swore on oath that he attended my property on these dates they have no further contact details for him?

Where do I stand now?

Well it would seem to me that they now have no evidence that he turned up because they've got no witness, so if they can't prove the debt which you are disputing, then you don't have to pay it IMHO.

They'll have a difficult time getting a ccj against you without evidence to back it up.