style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4152 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I came home from work on Friday night - no central heating so obviously i thought my boiler had broken. So i contacted British Gas who sent an engineer out this morning - no heating or hot water all weekend ( and it was very cold!). He examines the boiler and there is nothing wrong with it so he checks the gas supply - no gas being supplied to the property. So i ring BG they say that as i am swapping suppliers it is really npower i should contact. I ring npower who state that they have not ordered a disconnection so it's transco i have to ring - so i ring them. They say they have completed a mains repair on the main road outside my property and it looks like whomever did the work has not reconnected me to the gas supply. Transco send someone out this aftenoon who tells me i have no gas supply! He gives me yet another contact number so i ring them - they send out another chap who tells me yet again that i have no gas supply!! I get yet another number to ring - so i ring them and a man virtually accuses me of being stupid to not notice the lack of gas before today. I explain to him the sequence of events and he states that he will be sending a manager out tommorrow morning ( so a day off work) and they will try to resolve the matter but he informs me that this may mean digging up the road againand '' that is a big job''!! So that will be the fifth day of no hot water or heating.

Sorry for the long post but i am very cold and quite annoyed!!.

Cheers Sandbag.

Sorry for the long post but i am very cold and quite annoyed!!.

I bet you are, I expect you were in bed as soon as the sun went down.

Why was he informing you they would be digging up the road, are they expecting you to pay for it. :)

Let us know what happens and what they say to you. And if the men digging up the road ask if there is any chance of a cuppa, just laugh at them.

You are entitled to 30 pounds a day for loss of supply. Quote to your supplier the guarantee of service.

Save me explaining it all this is a link from National grid, please let me know if you have any problems getting this money you are due. Claim through your suppliers.

National grid

I am a consumer helping other consumers. Together we can and will make a differance. Please double check any information or advise I may give as I like yourself am learning as I go along in life.

1) give a small donation to this site to keep it going because without this forum I would know nothing.

2) Use your experience to help somone else on another thread.

Please do not PM me, my mail address is my username at this site address . I will not under any circumstances give out advise or help through mail, only on the open forum, however feel free to mail me to point me towards your thread and general talk etc.

Update - the area manager came round this morning at 07:30 ( grrr) he said that he would have a team onsite to dig up the road at 09:00hrs - no-one came. A man came at 11-30 sat in his van for an hour then drove off. A second man came at around 2pm and said that he felt that someone was not doing their job properly as he had once again be send round to connect my gas supply - this isn't one!!!!.At the moment 3:30pm i have two men digging up the other side of the main road - unfortunately they cannot find my gas pipe. So i am still cold and have had to take another half a day off work to deal with the situation.

Thanks for the info on compensation thats very useful. Would my supplier be Transco?

Cheers for the replies

Sandbag.

No, Transco has now changed it's name and is known as National Grid.

They just look after the pipework. You would claim against your supplier and if they wanted then they could claim against National Grid.

Hi Conniff and thanks for your reply - my supplier would be Npower then?

Cheers Sandbag.

Yes, probably Npower. it is the company who bills you for that period of loss.

As Connif said, you claim off your supplier and they claim off National grid.

I am a consumer helping other consumers. Together we can and will make a differance. Please double check any information or advise I may give as I like yourself am learning as I go along in life.

1) give a small donation to this site to keep it going because without this forum I would know nothing.

Please do not PM me, my mail address is my username at this site address . I will not under any circumstances give out advise or help through mail, only on the open forum, however feel free to mail me to point me towards your thread and general talk etc.

Hello all - well the workmen have arrived and are currently in my cellar drilling things lol. So hopefully it will be sorted today!!

Cheers Sandbag.

so if they are int he cellar drilling things, what on earth are they drilling? I would be asking them how you got your gas before and what has changed and why has it changed?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Hello - thanks for your reply. The drilling is actually outside ( silly me) they are drilling and digging up my path and the path on the main road in an attempt to locate my gas pipe.

Cheers Sandbag.

Hello all - success!! My gas is now connected and my house is warm - i'm off for a nice hot bath!

Now to contact Npower for some compensation.

Thanks to all that replied.

Cheers Sandbag.

Congratulations sandbag.

If you are a woman can I scrub your back, if you are a man, scrub your own. :)

PMSL Conniff - Yes i am a woman - but have still got a hairy back!!

Cheers Sandbag.

Ok - complaint made to Npower via email to their customer services dept.

Nothing heard yet.

Cheers Sandbag.

Still nothing heard from Npower customer services - so i have written a formal letter of complaint which i will be posting tomorrow.

Cheers all

Sandbag.

Hi all - finally got a reply from Npower. They say that they do not deal with compensation claims and that i will have to contact the National grid. I have already e-mailed National Grid so i will have to await a reply from them.

Cheers Sandbag.

Hi all - received a letter from the National Grid. They are very sorry about my loss of gas supply. They are sending me a check for £60.Because they only found out about the loss of gas supply on the Monday and it was reconnected on the Wednesday they are sending me compensation for 2 days. I was without gas for 6 days. I am going to write back pointing this out and to also point out that i had to take time off work to allow access to my property.

Cheers Sandbag.

Send them the letter, big differance between 6 and 2 days. They will not be interested in your time off work as they have a set daily compensation but worth mentioning to point out your dissatisfaction.

Letter sent today ( recorded delivery) pointing out that i was without a gas supply for 6 days not 2 ,through no fault of my own, and at great inconvenience as i had to take time off work to allow access to my house.

I wonder if i will get anywhere?

Cheers Sandbag.

Received a reply to my second letter contesting the compensation of £60,as my gas supply was off for 6 days not two - they are refusing any further compensation as they state that as they did not know my gas supply was off for 6 days they only have to pay me 2 days compensation.

Shall i just accept the £60 or shall i take the matter further?

Cheers Sandbag.