Council parking ticket - options

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

this ones for a couple of friends

Two guys I know had to park in London on Friday to attend an NHS briefing

They ended up having to park on pavement (motorbike!)

I have seen the photos they took after finding the ticket, and the footpath in question was exytremely wide (a triple pushchair could have passed by the bike with room to spare!) and they made sure the bike did not obstruct a nearby factory/office gate entrance

They have been given a ticket by the council under reg 9 of civil enforcement parking contraventions(england) and traffic management act 2004

Ticket is the usual extortion - £60 within 14 days or £120 if not

Is there anything that can be done or is it take it on the chin time?

Its wound me up as these are young lads that arent getting paid much to be up in London in the first place

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Unless the ticket is non compliant paying at the discount rate is probably the best bet. There is no excuse as far as cancelling the ticket goes for parking on the footway in London. Some Councils are a bit more understanding about bikes on the footway but in central London they are very strict.

• Haha 1

OK

Thanks G and M, thought that would be the case

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

A heck of a lot of penalty charge notices at the moment are completly wrong, so it is well worth scanning up a copy of the PCN, minus personal details of course.

The requirements for the contents of PCN's changed very substantially with the new act.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.